PDA

View Full Version : Keck Family Day 2 Report, MK

hlkeck
09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
We woke everyone up around 7 am to get dressed and out to the lounge for breakfast before heading out to Magic Kingdom. Concierge breakfast is really quite nice: cereal for the kids, oatmeal with granola or brown sugar topping, quinoa, pastries, biscuits and jams, all very nice.

Our goal was to be at MK around 8:15 looking nice (read: wearing branded merchandise) and excited and hopefully picked to be family of the day! However, my kids were slow and tired - the bus wait was 20 minutes from AKL to MK (we saw epcot come and go 2x and DHS 2x). We arrived at 8:50 - just in time to hear them announce the family of the day. Ah well. Best laid plans and all...

We headed straight for our stroller, keeping an eye out for any YOAMD folks - and watched just about everyone around us win some fast passes or YOAMD Mouse Ears. Ah well...again...

We then took off to see if we could wake up Tink - just missed her. In fact - the little girl who woke her up had JUST done it and was still quite excited. No biggie...

Headed over to Dumbo first - like everyone else in the park, apparently. But we only had to wait for 3 or 4 rides - not too bad.

Met up with Ariel - only had to wait maybe 10 minutes for her. Good for my princess, boring for my prince --- so off to Peter Pan! I believe the exact wait time was "how long does it take to walk from the entrance to the ship?" which ended up being our theme for the morning! Yay!

We rode It's a Small World, hopped over to Splash Mountain (twice) - which we got to ride back to back pretty much there was just no wait. Headed over to BTMRR and road that twice. Went up to Pirates, rode it twice in a row, again - no line at all - just how fast can you walk? Jungle Safari, less than 5 minutes. Then - we decided to head back to Columbia Harbour House for lunch. I tried the Hummus/Coleslaw sandwich based on ICOT reviews. It was pretty good. DH had the tuna sandwich - which he chose OVER getting a turkey leg and thought it was fantastic. Kids got Mac n Chz and then off to Haunted Mansion. Still...no wait...what is going on you might be asking? We were saying the same thing! But - it was fantastic, so why question?

Headed over to the other side of the park for Space Mountain. DD4 was finally 44 inches this year (with his gym shoes) so it was his first time on SM. He loved it. We rode it twice, but started to notice the line getting longer the second time. Buzz Lightyear, no problem. Then things started getting a bit crowded. headed out for the parade at 3 pm and noticed how very many people had dream ears or fast passes. It was almost like they were taunting me. :mickey: Again, we were just excited to be there but it was getting busy! EMH were tonight from 9-mid and maybe I was kidding myself thinking we were goign to make it?

After the parade, off to main st bakery for Nestle Ice Cream Sandwiches (still there - I know there was confusion on this). i didn't partake - as I had on my list to try a dole whip float today! Met up with Mr. Smee, Rafiki, and Timon on our way to the DWF -- which was absolutely delicious by the way! I may get another one tonight at MNSSHP! :number1:

Now - kids are tired, whiney, hot, want to go back to AKL to swim - but we have 5:30 ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern. So - we get there a little early and they seat us pretty quickly (3 or 4 minutes). The kids perk up when they meet the characters (Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale). However, an odd incident happened. Goofy was 'goofing' around with Chip and Dale, pulling their tails, etc. So my kids wanted in on it and kept pulling on goofy's ear adn tooth when he was trying to sign their autographs and they were laughing. I asked them to stop b/c I could just tell he wasn't happy. We picked up our camera for our photo, and DS4 grabbed his tooth one more time - and he just got up and walked away and waved off the picture. We were a bit stunned. He wasn't being rough. And he's just a kid. And Goofy had been acting silly earlier and my kids saw that. He did not come back either - I thought maybe he'll come back after the next table, but no. So, I got our server and said 'look, my kids would really like a photo with goofy' (they were very upset by now - my son thinking it was his fault that goofy was mad at him and he just thought they were playing around). She brought goofy back over and he shook his head no, and made gestures that they grabbed his tooth and made the 'naughty' sign with his fingers. In the long run, he posed for the photo, but my kids felt like they were 'bad' and I just thought it was kinda mean. Feel free, CMS, to tell me that you can't stand it when kids play with your teeth or pull your ears - i get it. But - he's a 4 year old boy, you know?

DH had been wise enough to grab one more FP for Splash Mountain before dinner - so we headed back and at this point the wait was about 40 minutes - but not for us!!!! We walked right on! It was great.

Anyway, we booked back after dinner to AKL and went swimming for a few minutes and then crashed!!!

I'll tell you all about DHS, Toy Story Mania, Fantasmic, and Chef Mickey's for LUNCH!!! Yep, Lunch! Later! :mickey:

Lizzie
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the report. Glad Goofy came back for a picture. Never seen that before.

darko aggie
09-09-2008, 05:31 PM
How lucky are you?!! Not having to wait in long lines!!:thumbsup:

brian2000boston
09-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a great time, we will have our three year old pinch him for you on Friday ;)

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Sounds like you were very lucky with lines today. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
09-12-2008, 09:35 AM
apparently Goofy spent too much time with Grumpy that day. That does stink. I hope it didn't spoil the rest of your trip. Great review.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
A great day at MK is no waits:)

tinkerbell04
09-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the report, it sounds like it was a nice day with little to no waits.:mickey:

pink
09-13-2008, 10:42 AM
That was a wierd thing that happened with Goofy. I'm glad you finally got a picture in the end. :mickey:

faline
09-16-2008, 07:13 PM
You accomplished a lot with really short lines! What fun!