PDA

View Full Version : The "Five and Dime" Trip – 2008 – Pre-trip Report

BMan62
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Cast: DW – Cindy (ageless)
Me – Bud 46

When: Sept. 16, 2008 – Sept. 23, 2008

Lodging: Pop Century Resort

Why are we calling this the Five and Dime trip? Well, it marks five years of vacations to Walt Disney World (Sept. ’03 – Sept. ’08) and we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary (Dec. ’98) (a bit early, but this is what fit into our schedules!)

We will be flying out of Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) on a Southwest flight at 6:30 am. That’s right, bright and ugly in the morning!!! That means getting out of bed at 3am and leaving by 4am for the airport! (Not that either of us will be sleeping the night before!) One hour +/- 15 minutes later, we will be checking our bags for the 2 hour 10 minute flight to Orlando International (MCO.)

By 9am, we should be on our DME bus, on our way to Pop Century and the start of 8 wonderful, relaxing, carefree days (7 nights.)

We will be on the DDP (yes, we got in on the ‘Free DDP’ offer) and have all our ADRs made. We will be using our TS credits as such:

Boma
Spirit of Aloha (2 TS Credits)
Spoodles
Tony’s Town Square
Tutto Italia
Wolfgang Puck Café

We have eaten at Boma and Tutto Italia before, but the rest are new experiences.

We are NOT doing the MNSSHP this time. We tried this a couple years ago, and enjoyed it, but just can’t justify the $$$ for what we got out of it.

Other than that, we are gong to be hitting the new (TSMM) and rehabbed rides (SSE) and attractions since our last visit and hoping that we get tapped at least once by the Dream Squad. We are not expecting that last one though.

Will post impressions and reviews once we return.

Lizzie
09-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the report have a great time.

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
I like your trip title - very clever! Congrats on both of your reasons to celebrate this trip. I hope you have a really good (and hurricane free) trip! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Looking forward to your trip reports

DizNee143
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
sounds like a great trip you have planned!
cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!:mickey:
cute and clever title for the trip! :thumbsup:

faline
09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow! You're leaving tomorrow morning! Have a great time!