PDA

View Full Version : SSR...Which section?

tink'72
09-09-2008, 12:23 PM
We are staying at SSR for the first time late June early July 2009. Is there a better building to request? We are hoping to have a 2 bedroom room.

Disdude
09-09-2008, 09:56 PM
It really depends on your needs.

If you want a room near the main building (Restaurants, gift shop, check-in) and main pool, you want the Springs.

If you want to be within walking distance to Downtown Disney (still a good hike), you want Congress Park.

If you want to be close to the boat dock for Downtown Disney, the Springs is the closest.

The Carousel and the Paddocks are quiet and have bus stops but it is a decent walk to the main areas.

I've never stayed in the newest area, the Grandstand. I does appear to be pretty close to the Springs area depending were the room is.

epceddie
09-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Ask for a room in Congress Park with a view of Downtown Disney. My wife and I stayed in a 1BR (#2603) and we could see the Cirque du Soleil tent sitting on the bed.

Seeing everything all lit up at night was cool and we loved the balcony.

tink'72
09-10-2008, 08:14 AM
I love the idea of being able to see DTD from our room! But I think the Springs might be the way to go for us. My husband is visually impaired and walking long distances (especially at night) would probably be a struggle.

Thank you!

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
We really enjoy Congress Park because I am infatuated with the view of DtD at night. However, with the changes to PI coming up, I'm not so sure I'm going to still like that view. Although, I can still see PH, so I think all will be good!