PDA

View Full Version : jrkcr, her family and Diznee4Me Disneyland Resort Adventure - Day 6

Diznee4Me
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Friday, August 29th, 2008
Day 6
Today we ran back over to Disneyland and rode the train around to Mickey’s Toontown. We rode in the caboose, which was a little hot, but it was a neat experience.

Mickey’s Toontown was open early for AAA package holders so there were only a few people there. We hit all of the houses, attractions and then called it a day at Mickey’s neighborhood.

Across the park to Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Indy followed by the show “Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.” Another great show made better when JRKCR’s oldest daughter was called up to perform on a tiny fiddle. Very funny and she did a great job. Parmesan cheese was her parting gift. :D

At this point I decided to call it a trip. JRKCR and her family hit Disney’s Electrical Parade over at California Adventure but I wanted to go to the room and start packing for my early trip to the airport. JRKCR and her DH came to the room after the parade saying the line to get into Disneyland for Fantasmic was horrendous.

The next morning Super Shuttle was on time at 8:15AM and after a bit of trouble on the runway, I was heading back to South Carolina around noon. I arrived back at home tired but thankful for a great trip with great friends – and glad for the humidity!

Final thought JRKCR?

jrkcr
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, Kat(DD16) is now FAMOUS at DL for her miniature fiddling abilities!! I am sure the video I took of her will be posted soon on several websites. After her performance, she had several people approach her in the park that day to say how fun it was to watch her. She isn't at all bashful!! I can totally see her making a career choice of becoming a hillbilly full-time. Pa and I are so proud! :funny:

I knew the parks would be more crowded on that Friday. That evening,DH and I took the 4 kids and went to CA and saw the electric parade(which was very pretty)and ate corndogs from the CornDog Castle. DH loves those corn dogs, I peeled mine and ate just the dog.
We wanted to go over to DL for Fantasmic, but the lines to get into DL were so long! And DH and I were pretty tired, so we sent the teenagers off to DL and we took DD8 back to the hotel.

I think if and when we ever go back to DL or WDW...DH and I will schedule a no-park day half way through the vacation to recover and recharge. By the end of 5 days we were dragging!! If I had had an ounce of extra energy, I would have stayed in DL till midnight!!

I drove home to Reno, by way of Bakersfield to visit family, and then to the beach at Cambria, up through Big Sur, to Monterey. Then through San Jose, to Sacramento...then home. It took us 3 days to get home-I just love driving through California! It looks just like Soarin'!! And we played Disney music...

SO, Diznee4me....I kinda planned this trip for us. When are YOU planning one for us? I can be packed tonight!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
I want to thank you both for sharing your vacation with us. I am heading to DL myself in a little over two weeks and your reports have got me even more ready to get there. I am glad you had such a good time. Disneyland and good friends go together well. :thumbsup:

tinkwest
09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks to both of you for sharing your wonderful trip experiences with us. From your reports it seems that you scheduled during the perfect time, without too many crowds to deal with.

And congrats to your DD, jrkcr, for becoming an honorary Billy. I'm sure that package of Parmesan cheese will hold a place of honor at your home.

Diznee4Me
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
ChipnDaleGal - have a great trip. I hope the lines are as short for you as they were for us.

JRKCR - Uh, if you are talking about paying for a trip, you are going to have to wait.:D If you are referring to planning a trip and being a task master like you were, :mickey:, I think I have done that at WDW several times!

jrkcr
09-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Yep, :thumbsup: we had another great Disney vacation together-minus a few Diznee girls. :(

ChipnDale you should have even BETTER weather and less crowds than we did! I hope you have a great trip!

DD8 started last night asking when we'd be going back!! I see a future intercoter...

Thanks Diznee4me for writing all these trip reports! I knew you'd remember more details than I did!

NotaGeek
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for your reports guys! :thumbsup:

I will also be at Disneyland in 16 days with chipndalegal and the rest of our crazy friends ... your report made me want a CHURRO (even though I say that almost every day anyway!).

Thanks for taking the time to share. :balloon:

jrkcr
09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Churros...YUM! I deliberately did NOT eat a churro this trip. I had told my kids that a week of walking was NOT going to be in vain. I was going to have no churros, no ice cream, no desserts, drink only water...be very disciplined. :drill:

Well, I did have one dessert that I shared with DH-creme brulee at Blue Bayou. So that wasn't too bad.

but then someone begged for krispy kreme do-nuts one morning in downtown disney :thedolls: and I had to have a caramel frappucino to go with them...
and then someone offered a dole whip to me on a hot day while walking on a three hour tour :thedolls:

So in retrospect, I should have had the churro!

Diznee4Me
09-11-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't remember "begging" for the do-nuts and, if I am recalling correctly, I did not twist your arm to eat the dole whips. :D

Now didn't you walk around with bags of M&M's? ;)

jrkcr
09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, I wasn't meaning YOU!! :blush:
I meant DH- the Krispy Kreme addict. Sorry, I should have been less ambiguous. But I can totally see where your guilty conscience would think I meant you.

As for those M&M's....I was carrying those just in case your blood sugar dropped too low. See what a great friend I am-always trying to be helpful. :angel:
Glad I didn't have to share those... I mean USE those!! ;)

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dtootsie42
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks so very much for sharing. I loved the reports! :mickey: