PDA

View Full Version : jrkcr, her family and Diznee4Me Disneyland Resort Adventure - Day 2

Diznee4Me
09-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Monday, August 25th, 2008
Day 2
Wow here I am! My first trip to Disneyland. The JRKCR family visited in January so they had a bit of a leg up on the parks and what to expect. Being the Disneyphile that I am, I have read just about everything written on Disney so the park felt familiar but I would soon see all the differences to WDW.

So standing on Main Street I couldn’t wait to see the castle so looking up the street I saw – empty space. OK let me explain, having only been to WDW I am used to seeing a 180 foot castle at the end of the street. An 80 foot castle didn’t quite make the same impact but the history it has seen more than made up for it. At once I thought, “I am looking at an icon from the early days of television.” :notworth:

Many photos later, we finally make it through Sleeping Beauty castle and we are in Fantasyland. Except for Peter Pan, nearly every ride was a walk-on. I especially love the Evil Witch looking down on Fantasyland. Really cool. :thumbsup:

After Fantasyland, JRKCR and her daughters watched the Jedi show in Tomorrowland while JRKCR’s husband, the family friend, and I walked through Innoventions and had the opportunity to see ASIMO, the independently walking robot created by Honda. Amazing technology.

Afterwards we made our way over to New Orleans Square and Pirates – yes the beginning is different from WDW’s and I was duly impressed – we also saw the Columbia, rode Haunted Mansion and even visited Pooh and Critter Corner. IWe also hit Splash that night, the single seating a bit different from WDW, and I know we got a lot wetter. Wow, it was a big splash. :D

Lunch at the French Market was awesome ( I had the clam chowder in the bread bowl:tasty:) and through out the day there was a lot of water for me. It was hot. People from out west always say to me “but it is a dry heat.” Hey, I will take our “wet” heat any day. At least with 130 percent humidity – I know I am feeling bad. Dry heat made me feel like a dry sponge all week.

Now we were off to the hotel to get ready for tomorrow and California Adventure!:cloud9:

Your turn JRKCR - add your :twocents: :D

jrkcr
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
:twocents:

Yes, Splash Mtn is GREAT!! So invigorating! And not recommended for people in thin khaki shorts. :haha: (poor Jenn)

Also, we rode Space Mtn first thing, and it must be a good ride, cause it always makes me feel a bit green. :sick: Not a ride I can ride twice in one day!

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Isn't it just the most amazing feeling to be walking towards that beautiful castle and think how many times Walt himself walked there? Sounds like your first day was just wonderful. Thank you for sharing! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: