PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble with Christmas Spreadsheet

Airblue1
09-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Guys & Gals,

This is our first time at WDW during Christmas and I am starting to get a bit freaked out. I understand to get there early, that seems to be the biggest advatage anytime of year. However, this filled to capacity stuff scares me. Esp. when we have ADR's and different tours to take. We will be their Dec 20-Dec 24.
We actually arrive at night on the 19th and leave Christmas Morning early. I have a tentative itinerary in mind. What advice would you give this first timer to the christmas craziness of WDW?

Thank you in Advance!

Also, does it matter what time you take the Keys to Kingdom tour?

::smickey::eeyore::peter::tigger::::stpattys::gift :::grinch::santa::::santa2::

Imagineer1981
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately, my best advice would be to be flexible, which I know doesn't work with your ADRs. Know that MK will be packed christmas eve and christmas but lighter on the other days. Be willing to park hop if one park is too full.

Airblue1
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
With the parks being open later. We do have some flexibility. However, an example is Epcot. We have 2:00 ADR for the CP at 5. Do we have to get into the park early on the 23rd. Just so we can get to our ADR.

Also, AK. I am trying to match a day up. So we can eat an early lunch, hit the parade and stay for the Evening MH.

As far as Christmas eve. I have a late breakfast ADR for 1900's. So we can go early and get out of the MK and head to another park or hit up Downtown Disney.

What do you think?

THANKS A MILLION!!

pamickeys
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
where are you staying? skip downtown Disney, going shopping on Christmas eve seems a little pointless. enjoy the parks since you are leaving the next day.It's a short trip try and not to spread your self too thin. take your itinerary and throw half of it away. that will make it a lot easier to enjoy your stay.

DDuck66
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
We went over Christmas weekend in 2006, and we did not really have a big problem. We used the EMH mornings every chance that we could. We usually hit rides and attractions in the am and then watch people and shows during the pm hours. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to travel between parks and/or ADR's and you should not have any problems.

Aggie97
09-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I would try to do as much as possible at the MK during the first couple days of your trip, as we found that the crowds increased each day as we approached Christmas.

We found Epcot to be very manageable on Christmas Eve (2006), if you want to hop over there after MK and 1900 Park Fare.

As others have suggested, definitely use EMH and FP to your advantage.

We did not encounter any "to capacity" issues (and we did not enter the parks first-thing in the morning) -- I think that may happen more from Christmas day through New Year's, rather than before Christmas.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
You probably won't have a problem with the week before Christmas...Christmas Eve and Day you should be in the park early if you have an ADR to make sure it doesn't get filled to capacity and close before you arrive

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Just allow extra time when traveling from park to park. Sometimes the monorail/bus/boat lines can be overwhelming.

Pirate Granny
09-10-2008, 07:58 PM
We've always gone Xmas Day or the 26th to the 1st...last year we never got to a park before 11am and were never turned away...yep, there were crowds, but we were there to see the decorations, parades and get fast passes...One year we went into the park at 9pm on Xmas (before all the EMH) and it was EMPTY...yep, it had rained...I have a picture of my daughter on main street at 11pm with not another person in sight...WONDERFUL...you will enjoy every minute if you are flexible...
:pirate:

CaptSmee
09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Good luck! Never been during that time, but my advice would be to pick your park of choice and GET THERE EARLY!!! Hope you have a great time!