PDA

View Full Version : Where in the World? Sweet Tea

hnybear22
09-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Planning for our trip n 11 Days:party:
I am depending on my intercot friends to direct me to the places in each park where I can get good ol' southern Sweet Tea-Not the premade kind that comes out of the drink machines or the flavored kind
Does anyone know?
We will be on the dining plan so we will be having TS and CS meals (for free!!!) and don't drink "coke" anymore but still need the caffine for those long hot days at Disney!!
Thanks for the help!!

Sunshine1010
09-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Every Disney restaurant I ate at last trip had tea. And we went to a lot of restaurants because we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. But it's not sweet.

henry.james.s
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
:ditto:

A Mouse Fan
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I grew up in CA but now live in SC and sweet tea makes me :sick: BUT I know lots of people love it. We have been to Disney many times and never encountered any sweet tea (thank goodness :blush:). You may have to end up ordering tea and using sugar...I believe all the restaurants do have real sugar if you don't like the artificial sweetners.

TinkiTime1989
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
On our trip a couple of weeks ago we only found real sweet tea at one place: Cosmic Ray's at the MK. The only downside, it had that nasty Florida water taste! I don't understand why some of the restaurant drinks have that nasty taste when some don't. You can get Nestea almost everywhere and many of the TS restaurants have brewed unsweetened tea. When we needed a tea fix we just ordered the unsweet and added our own sugar/splenda.

lockedoutlogic
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
All the restaurants have "Iced Tea"....

NONE have "sweet tea"....

been to them all....looked everywhere

It is a glaring weakness - IMHO

SBETigg
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Columbia Harbour House was offering sweet tea when we were there last. It was offered at a few other places, too, but I don't recall specifically where. Most places just had regular iced tea.

lockedoutlogic
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Columbia Harbour House was offering sweet tea when we were there last. It was offered at a few other places, too, but I don't recall specifically where. Most places just had regular iced tea.

for real? long brewed, sugar shocked sweet tea?

or Fountain canister contained, high fructose corn syrup laced, nestea death juice?

SBETigg
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
for real? long brewed, sugar shocked sweet tea?

or Fountain canister contained, high fructose corn syrup laced, nestea death juice?

I didn't taste it, but the CMs said it was sweet tea, and it wasn't from the fountain. It was in a big container off to one side, the kind of container (I can't think of the official name of that kind of container) that you might fill with gatorade to bring to a football game, with a spigot for pouring at the bottom? I should have tried it so I could verify if it was what they said it was, but I didn't think much of it at the time. Just that it was sweet tea, and I prefer unsweetened. ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
You may have to end up ordering tea and using sugar...I believe all the restaurants do have real sugar if you don't like the artificial sweetners.

It's not the same. :pout: I will check out the Columbia House, but that would be the first I've heard of it. Believe me, we've looked, and we miss it!

g8rgirl29
09-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I didn't find any in MK but there is a McDonald's in EPCOT that serves Sweet Tea and Olivia's at Old Key West Resort has it. Last year by day 4 I would have knocked my child over for a sweet tea!! :blush:(Sad, I know) I hope someone out there will let us sweet tea addicts in on some secret spot to find it in MK!!!

Tinkerfreak
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
The McDonalds at DTD also has fresh brewed sweet tea. It is great but after half a cup I am on a major sugar buzz for an hour.

garthbarth1
09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found sweet tea at Epcot last year--it was at a food and wine festival booth. The booth was between Japan and the American Adventure. I know this for sure bc I had to finish it before I could go into the American Adventure. It was sweet and YUMMY!!

andreallybadeggs
09-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I didn't find any in MK but there is a McDonald's in EPCOT that serves Sweet Tea and Olivia's at Old Key West Resort has it. Last year by day 4 I would have knocked my child over for a sweet tea!! :blush:(Sad, I know) I hope someone out there will let us sweet tea addicts in on some secret spot to find it in MK!!!
:laughing::laughing::rotfl::rotfl::

Tinkpink
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Iced Tea everywhere but never found any sweet tea. On the drive home, we stopped in Atlanta and nearly hugged the Cracker Barrel server who walked by with the pitcher of sweet tea!!!

Hope you have better luck finding it than we did.

mdhiggin
09-12-2008, 09:12 PM
It's not just Disney, it's most of Florida that doesn't have sweet tea.

hnybear22
09-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks to everyone for the tips
I think it is all the "Yankees" that live in Florida that have caused the "no sweet tea" thing
No self respecting southern state should be without it:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
09-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for the tips
I think it is all the "Yankees" that live in Florida that have caused the "no sweet tea" thing
No self respecting southern state should be without it:thumbsup:

Hey Watch it there!;) You are talking to a Yankee who now loves sweet tea.:)