PDA

View Full Version : Pop HELP!

Ksmith75
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi there, we have stayed at the POR for the past 2 years and love it. We are going to try the POP this time in April/May 2009 (due to the fact that we have a trip in the beginning of April for a family wedding - eats into our budget!! :()....how is the POP? Is the bus system good? We are spoiled with the POR - they have great buses......where are the preferred rooms in the POP located??? Any help will be good, we are just 2 adults no kids----but didnt want to sacrifice days at Disney - so we are trying a value....

Thanks

JPL
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I have stayed at Pop bout 6 times with my 7th trip planned since I often travel solo it's perfect for me when I don't want to waste my DVC points on a short stay. The bus service is very good as a matter of fact I split my stay between AKL and Pop in June and the buses at Pop were better than those at AKL. IMHO the preferred rooms are not worth the extra money since they only save you a little bit of walking and if you are trying to save some money you will do just fine in a standard room. Once you get the layout of the resort sown you will find little short cuts that make up some of those steps.

disneymom15
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I totally agree with JPL. We really like POP, it's our first choice in the values.

Pirate Granny
09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I normally travel only with adults and we LOVE Pop...we've had both preferred rooms and normal rooms and always been in either the 60's or 70's...I find the food courts and bus much more convenient than the moderate which are spread out...they may have more bus stops...and that's it...MORE...Pop has only one and even at Xmas I've never waited for another bus 'cause there were too many people in line ahead of us...
Go ahead...you'll love it...
:pirate:
(with that said...we're off to try out POR at the end of September)

Disneyfamilyof3
09-08-2008, 09:18 PM
My Dh and DS really like Pop. I prefer the private pools at other resorts, like POR or Yacht Club, because they are usually empty . All of the pools at POP always seem crowded to me, but that's ok, we get water park options when we stay at Pop and that solves the problem for me :mickey:
The buses are fine. I don't recall waiting too long for buses at Pop. I do recall going crazy waiting for buses to AK and DTD from the Yacht Club,...it's like they never came!

Tinkerbella16
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I have stayed at Pop twice and really liked it there. Last year we tried POR...and I just fell in love, and this year I am staying at POFQ (what they say is true about once you upgrade, its hard to go back lol). Out of the 4 values, I think Pop is the best, with the best foodcourt...bus system probably beats POR. We love staying in the 50's section...close to everything! Can't really help with where preferred rooms are though.

Tink#64
09-09-2008, 12:00 AM
We love Pop! Of course I have DS's 11 & 12! But even my 60'ish mom really likes Pop! We've stayed there 4 times, & for now it's our Disney home! Three out of the 4 times we've stayed in building #4, in the 60's section, facing HourGlass Lake. From the end of the walkway you can see some of IllumiNations & SSE! This year we made a very last minute trip during Spring Break we could only get on property for part of our stay & luckily the only opening was at Pop & we stayed in the 70's section. I believe it was bldg #10. I think the walk to & from the room to the pool & food court was about the same as from our usual preferred room in the 60's, but there was a very close parking lot to the 70's section & a very short walk to the bus stop! Not bad at all! But I also think I'd like to give the 50's section a try! I'm not sure if it's all preferred, but seems close to everything! The pools at Pop are great & they are so big that the only time we've ever thought they were crowded was the MD holiday weekend, but all of WDW seemed crowded to us then! No more holidays if we can avoid it! Even Spring Break wasn't that crowded!

The theme at Pop is just so cool, DS's love it, mom loves it - we think it's just a fun place to stay! We've never experienced any problems with noise or crowds the way some people seem to have the misfortune of experiencing. We really have never even had alot of foot traffic around our doors! For us it's just right.

The food great is great, although we did also like the food court at ASMo's, but the bus service is sooooooo much better than our experience witht the AS's! Pop also has a seperate water feature for the kids, the Goofy's interractive water jets! My DS's still love to run through the jets! It's usually a fairly quiet & interesting walk around the property. We love to read all the signs with the dates of interesting & historic events. The Pop icons are so neat, & many are lit at night!

We really our time at Pop, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
09-09-2008, 02:32 AM
We LOVED the POP and we will stay there on our next trip (whenever that might be). The bus was great as you don't share a bus with the other value resorts!! You can't go wrong by getting a room at the POP! And, you can save yourself some money to spend on other fun things like Hoop-de-Doo, etc.

Enjoy!

TinkerbellT421
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
We have stayed at both POP and AllSMovies but I way prefer POP...It was just nicer, all around. I loved it! We stayed in the 50's building over in the back near the POP Centuary Lake there where you can see the building they didnt finish building, the 20's. 30's and 40's buildings...But anyway not to get OT, the bus system is great, and I loved the food court. A lot of choices and very good for being a food court at a value. I think you will be pleasantly surprised....And get a picture next to the HUGGGEEEEEE Lady and the Tramp figures near the 50's building. You look like a pea lol...I have a funny picture of that

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
we stayed at the POP for the first time last year. We enjoyed it and were very happy we choose the preferred room, but we had children that were tired at the end of the day, so we were very happy for the shorter walk. it was also nice being closer to the food court for just running over for a snack. The busses were wonderful to get to the parks but just like all others, coming back was a long wait, 2-3 busses wait time. Have fun and enjoy, it is only a bed to sleep in...most of your time will be spent in the parks right?

Mom2Princess'
09-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Another POP loving family here! We have stayed there 4 times and loved it every time. we are staying at WL in a couple of weeks and the kids protested a bit whe we first told them no POP. It is a great place with or without kids. I definitely agree that the preferred rooms aren't worth the extra money. We love the 50's section. Very quiet, great pool. A little further to walk to the bus stop, but that just helps even out all of the Mickey bars we eat!

Soul_Power
09-11-2008, 12:46 AM
We love POP! We stayed there on our our first trip, and we're staying there when we go again in 2009. We had no problem with the buses. We stayed in a standard room and ended up with a room in the 70s building behind the big wheel - we were really close to the main buildings and did not feel like we missed out by being in a standard room. It's only my boyfriend and me, so there was more than enough room for the two of us! ..and you can't beat the price! :thumbsup:

hardingella
09-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes, POP if poptastic. Stayed twice and we enjoyed it all both times. I would only add this, walls are a littlethin, but then i dont know if thats the same for the other resorts, and , somebody told us to ask for a room without a connecting door, because again that reduces the noise. Not that its a noisy resort but people cant help having a good time!!:thumbsup: