PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ate at Golden Corral?

BriarRose
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
We have had several people tell us to try Golden Corral. Has anyone ate there? What's so great about it?

disneymom15
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
We eat there often. It's a buffet. Nice salad bar and large selection for the main course.

Strmchsr
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Great selection and the food is actually very well cooked for a buffet place.

Zippy 1
09-08-2008, 05:56 PM
We have eaten there several times. They have a large buffet. But both times we have been there my DH has gotten sick:ack: (don't know if there is a correlation or not). The only other problem we have had is our local Golden Coral has not passed its health inspection on the first try in the last several years:(. Now this could just be something with our local one - don't know

Marker
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
We have eaten at the Golden Corral here at home. Basically it's a lot of "ok" food. Easy to please everyone in the family because of the variety of options. I suspect the quality of the food may be somewhat location dependant. I'm not a big fan, but I don't mind when we do choose to eat there.

Sunshine1010
09-08-2008, 06:39 PM
For all the buffets I've been too ....Ryan's, Western Sizzlin, Ponderosa, and yes....even Trails End....Golden Corral has 'em beat. It knocks the socks off of Hollywood Vine!!! he he

Try the caribbean chicken!

disneygirlie11
09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Funny u just asked this, b/c I had Golden Corral for lunch!
While I like it alright now, when I was younger that wasn't the case. one day when I was 5 years old my mom and aunt drive by and said: What about going to Golden Corral for lunch?
So I told them: That's a sorry excuse for a restaurant!
To this day I have never let this down! And I only recently began eating there!
It's decent food. Nothing great, nothing horrible. But there is a big carving station and you can order burgers and things like that too!

Goofy4TheWorld
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
We have eaten there several times. They have a large buffet. But both times we have been there my DH has gotten sick:ack: (don't know if there is a correlation or not). The only other problem we have had is our local Golden Coral has not passed its health inspection on the first try in the last several years:(. Now this could just be something with our local one - don't know

My wife had 32 weeks of a completely uncomplicated pregnancy (NEVER sick, not once). She went for her 32 week check-up, and was told there was no reason to think she should have any problems. She left the doctor and went to eat at Golden Coral for Lunch.

At 3pm she told me, as I was leaving for work, that she didn't feel too good, at 7pm she called and said she was :ack: in non-stop convulsions, and at 8:30 she said "come home." At 10:30, she woke up feeling "a little gush."

We learned at the hospital that her water had broke. She spend two weeks in a hospital bed holding off the delivery. We will always believe that she :ack: soo much that it made her membrane rupture. While watching the news at the hospital, we saw that the Golden Coral had failed its health inspection.

Since our son was born okay (no NICU even at 4lb12oz) we laugh about it now. Needles to say, though, we won't be back!

LauraleeH
09-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I went once. The food was expensive, cold, and gross. I didn't eat. There were kids running around with their shoes off like it was McDonald's and the place smelled so bad...like sweaty feet. I'll never go back.