PDA

View Full Version : photopass

mshomeschoolmom
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
I have seen post about the photopass cd. Is it better to get the cd or just use the photopass and choose the photo's I like to get developed? If I get the cd I would have all photo's on there but then I would still have to pay to get the photos I really want to get developed right? I am still debating on what to do....but I would like to get it so I can develop at my own time and when funds are available.
I feel like if I don't get the cd then when I choose the best photos to get developed then time passes and I can't get the ones I didn't get I might regret not having the others like I would if I got the cd. Please help me decide what to do.

brian2000boston
09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
We just pre-purchased the cd today for $99, this also gives us a document release form to any pics Disney took through photopass. You can then use the cd to print them anywhere as you would with your digital camera.

Hope this has helped a bit.

TinkerbellT421
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
If you plan on taking more than a dozen pictures through photopass while at the world then it is definitely worth it. Because per picture I THINK if I remember correctly its ATLEAST $12.00 a picture. So to buy one picture is fine....but if you want a copy of each picture (and lets say you want 7 pictures) your already somewhere in the $90.00 range, depends on size/style etc..the price per picture goes up. For ME personally its not worth it because we bring a very good quality digital camera with us, and I only end up buying one or two pictures thru photopass (only ones w/ characters in them), so then the picture cd isnt worth it...Hope I explained this clearly. Hope this helps.

KylesMom
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I think it largely depends on how long you are going to be at Disney, and how dedicated you are to taking the time to have the photos shot.

We've purchased the PhotoPass CD for the past three years, simply because it is one of the only times my whole family is in the picture. Both DS and I have good-quality digitals, but it's a wonderful thing when you can come back from vacation with photos of your whole family! Mine should arrive today (I preordered it before we left) and before adding borders and editing pictures, we had 150 photos. After adding/editing, we have over 250. This will give me all the choices I want for $99 - which I find is VERY worth it! I'll then upload the photos to my online site, and order them for less than 1/4 of what they cost off the photopass/Kodak site. I LOVE PhotoPass! :mickey:

mshomeschoolmom
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
So, if I order the cd, can I take it to Walmart and get them developed or do I have to order them thru disney?

KylesMom
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
So, if I order the cd, can I take it to Walmart and get them developed or do I have to order them thru disney?
No, that's the beauty of PhotoPass. You are ordering the CD and are then given "rights" to utilize the photos you had taken. You can have the pictures developed anywhere you'd like, including on-line sites,Wal-Mart, Target, etcetera. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
No, you can take the cd to anywhere that will print the photos. Walmart is a good choice, very cheap. So yes you can take it to walmart.

mshomeschoolmom
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
When is the latest I can pre order to get the pre order price?

tinklover
09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
you can pre order it right before you walk out the door. or when you get home. i had an issue with mine where we thought teh payment went thru but did not get our code so i had called them and left a message they contacted me once i was at disney. and the gentleman on teh phone said that i could redo it once i got home before i put in my photopass numbers.

Fryguy
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I am going to have to do this before we go down. I was not aware that you can preorder it, cool!

Thanks!

starrmomof2
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I just pre-ordered mine this week for our trip that begins next Friday. We only had 5 pics taken last time so I was unsure about doing it this time. Since then, though, I have studied it more and found Disney's photopass website has some great maps on diff locations to have the photos taken besides just the entrances (the only ones we did), so I am ready to be 'photopassed'. The thing that really sold me on it, is that if you are not satisfied with the pics, you can get a refund on the prepayment if you are not satisfied with the pics. To me, it's a no lose deal.