PDA

View Full Version : Storiale's Family Trip Day 3

slpngbty56
09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
What a busy day we had today!
We started out with a 8:20 am ressie for Boatwrights and of course we we right on time:blush:
We had a very charming server today...Chris was very nice but not too attentive. He was right on top of everything and seemed to appear out of nowhere when we needed something. As for the food my DD14 ordered the french toast and she loved it! My DD17, DH, & I had the 3 egg omelette and the potatoes. Personally I think my omelette was pretty bland and I didn't finish it. My DD17 & DH had the same feelings about their breastfast choice. DS had the Boatwrights Breakfast and he thoroughly enjoyed his fare. We have 2 more ressies here for later in the week I might have to rethink those.
After Breakfast we headed over to MK . We were a little worried at first because the bus lines seemed to be pretty long, but so were the ones for Epcot. Once we got into the park we were pleasantly surprised with short wait times. We rode the train over to frontierland and started out with SM - 5 min wait ( not even) BTMRR- 10 min wait- not quite.. more like 5. POTC- walked right on! HM - 5 min wait. After all of that we had lunch at Columbia Harbour House and it was good as always! I had the harvest salad-yummy! DD14 had the tuna sandwich and it was very good as well. DH had the fish and thought it was good. DD17 & DS had the chicken fingers....nothing special about those.
We then headed back to resort for an afternoon swim and nap. How refreshing! It was just what we needed after a hot morning in the parks.We had a 5:50 pm ressie at Narcoosee's which we had really been looking forward to as this was a new experience for all of us. We were at the north depot bus stop at 5pm and by 5:30 the MK bus still hadn't come.So we decided to hop on the next bus that came along and transfer from there onto the GF bus. The next bus that came along was AK in fact there were 3 AK buses that had come through there in the 30 minutes we had been waiting so we decided to hop on. What a mistake!!! AK is the furthest you can be from MK by the time we made it to AK it was 5:47 and we still had to transfer onto another bus !!! We would never make our ressies now!
Once we got to AK we rushed over to the GF bus and waited. Within a few minutes the GF bus came along, but the driver had to load to people with scooters and he didn't see the second person-- waiting where she was supposed to be I might add. So he had already put the ramp away before he noticed her and of course he had to undo what he had just done so those minutes were just ticking away.......
When we were boarding the bus I asked the bus driver where he was stopping first b/c the bus was for WL also. He said we were stopping by BB, WL, & then GF so by this time I had resigned myself to missing our dinner. When we finally arrived at GF it was 6:30. I am now 40 minutes late for our ressie. I rushed to Narcoosee's and told the nice hostess there our situation and she said "of course she could seat us" Wow I was pleasantly surprised! as was my family and my DH who was looking forward to that lobster that we had heard so much about.
What a nice place, we were seated by the window had had a lovely water view. Our waiter Nelson was also very nice. DH & DD14 had the lobster . DD14 had never had a lobster to herself and she thought it was very delicious and loved every bite. She ate every bite as well! DH seconded her opinion both were both very pleased with their selections. DD17 & I had the filet which we both thought was very good, but DD didn't care for the sauce. DS had the chicken selection and he ate every bite he said that it was very good, but not as good as Le Cellier.For dessert we tried the almond crusted cheesecake(fabulous), Chocolate Gateau (very good), Strawberry shortcake(very good), and the key lime creme brulee(ok). I guess I'm not a creme brulee person. We did'nt finish dinner til almost 9 pm. I don't think I've ever spent so much time eating before. We really enjoyed this reaturaunt and the fare. we will definitely be coming back. However,I would like to make mention of something...when they found out we were on the Free Dining Plan they brought us Mickey straws. If you looked around you noticed not everyone had them....only a few actually. So i'm guessing this was to distinguish us from the diners who might be paying full price. Also,the service wasn't as good as it was at the 2 previous places we dined. It wasn't bad but we certainly didn't receive the same attention.
After dinner we caught the boat launch to MK, what a nice relaxing ride. Once we arrived to MK for EMH we were off to tommorrowland. Everything had insanely short waits the biggest pain was bringing out you resort key for every ride. We rode PM,BLSRS,SpM,Cop,HM,& Splash Mountain. By this time we were dead on our feet and decided to head out a little early, but were distracted by the yummy treats aloha Isle offers and stopped. You know it we had to get a dole whip!We then exited the park and headed for the buses. I have never seen such a long line at the bus depot. Riverside took up spots 4 & 5! Wow!! Add on top of that that some road had been closed down so the drivers were having to take an alternate(much longer)route and we didn't get back to our resort til nearly 1 am in the morning! wow!!! That's all I can say! I live in Fl so we have been to WDW quite alot and I have never seen a wait like that!! Overall we had a really great time today and made some wonderful memories.

tinkerbell04
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I am glad that you were able to be seated! It sounds like you really had a nice day, the little to no waits are great! Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Thats great that you were still seated. Sounds like a great dinner.

Sunshine1010
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow --- you really think they'd give people different straws for the ones who were on the plan?

Can a DW server pipe in here and comment the reason (if it's true)..

On a lighter note -- I'm glad you are having a good trip. I love reading your reports!

mouseketeer mom
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
We were at Narcoosees 3 wks ago, one of our best meals ever at WDW..we were not on free dining..we had purchased the deluxe dining plan and we too, got the straws. There's a pic of my son with his straw on his nose so I remember! Your day sounds great.

iheartmickey
09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like you are having a great time!

I'm glad they seated you even though you were late. Weird about the straws though.

It seems as though you're getting a lot of stuff done with little waits. :thumbsup:

laward32
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Another great day. We had the same experience with the loading of scooters when we were there in Oct. We were going to GF as well and were 30 min late for our ressie. The hostess was not very pleasant about us being late. I told her the situation, that we had given ourselves plenty of time, but things happen. She didn't care. She seated us eventually.
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
What an ordeal to get to your dinner. Glad you were still seated and that you all enjoyed your meal so much. Sounds like a really good day, thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Wonderful day:thumbsup:

faline
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
It's so frustrating to try to get someplace and have all these obstacles in your way! Glad you were able to have a pleasent dinner especially after all the effort you put into getting there!