PDA

View Full Version : Happy Limousine - A Warning!

TheDuckRocks
09-08-2008, 10:48 AM
This might not be the place to post this, but for any of you that have used Happy Limo in the past here is something I think you all should know:
Today when I opened my e-mail I had a one from Happy Limo that was a confirmation for a pick-up for us. Well, this was quite a surprise as we will be in Canada on the date listed and on our next trip to Florida we are driving down. On the confirmation my credit card information was listed!:mad:
Well, guess who was phoning Happy Limo? After talking to the girl I found out they keep your credit card information in their computer system "forever I guess". When they get a repeat customer they type in the last name and scroll down to yours. Our last name is very common and they incorrectly hit the wrong account. She did assure me that I would not see a charge to my account, which we have not used in over 2 years.
Now, I'm not overjoyed with the fact that they still have my credit card info easily accessable to their employees, but here's the kicker:
They have no idea as to who really made the reservation! And their answer to that was, "Oh well, I'll just cancel the reservation". If you happen to be waiting in Silver Springs for a pick up by Happy Limo to take you to Portofino Bay, you just might want to re-check your reservation.

Goofeygal
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Wow what a mistake I feel sorry for the people that made the ressie too.

Sunshine1010
09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Yikes. As far as I knew of....they should have deleted the info. But many companies don't. I'm not sure what the 'law' is on that.

But, it was nice of you to post it to make us aware, AND to let the other family know. You may want to post it on the 'other' website that deals with Universal a lot.

brownie
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I would think and hope that they would do more than just use a name to confirm a previous customer to prevent mistakes like this. You should also be given the option of them keeping your credit card information on file; it should not be automatic.

Tinkerfreak
09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
We used to love Happy Limo but the last few times we used them they just kept getting worse. They went from nice professional clean drivers to ones who did not even help with our bags, were over an hour late picking us up and needed a shower. We also had a problem with the driver trying to charge us twice. After our last trip we decided never to use them again and are planning to try Quicksilver for our next trip. I have heard good things about them.
I also feel really bad for whoever made the reservation. Hopefully they will call the day before to confirm, at least they will know it was canceled.
I am now worried that they still have my credit card on file and that it may get used. I wonder how you would go about getting it removed.

ElenitaB
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
After our last trip we decided never to use them again and are planning to try Quicksilver for our next trip.
Quicksilver is an INTERCOT sponsor so by using them, you're helping to support this site. :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
09-08-2008, 05:05 PM
We used HL several times. The last time, they charged us in full for a round trip, then tried to charge us again. Also, for a time, the tip was included with the fee. Of course, the drivers "didn't know" anything about THAT ! I showed them our paperwork that showed a full 18%, and the driver just shrugged. We were somewhat concerned that they might not show up for the return trip, but they did. :mad:

Just goes to show - you need to check CC accounts every single month.:number1:

thrillme
09-10-2008, 01:01 AM
May I recommend that you call your credit card company and request a new card?

Perhaps it's nothing but...who knows if they sent your info to someone else.