PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Stayed At Old Key West?

goofygirl64
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
My husband and I have trip booked for next May and are now booked at POR, but we are considering changing to a studio at OKW. We have stayed at POR twice before and enjoyed it, but we like to try different resorts too. We do enjoy being able to come back and have a drink in the lounge in the evenings and maybe an appetizer. Does anyone know if OKW offers a lounge w/apps?:marg:

minnie1956
09-08-2008, 07:47 PM
okw is a vacation club property. There are no lounges that offer apps or drinks or anything of that nature.
It's a beautiful resort, we're owners there and love it.

Good luck!

WedWay Peoplemover
09-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Actually, The Gurgling Suitcase is the bar in the 'town village' that serves drinks at least til midnight... .. and they also have appetizers from Olivia's restaurant.

It's a fun bar with a sort of "locals" feel.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I've stayed at OKW once. It was about 10 years ago but loved the resort. It's very beautiful and has a very relaxing feel. I'd stay there again. Haven't recently because it's just my DH and I and we just don't need the room. We get up early to go to the parks and return late so we're barely at our resort.

goofygirl64
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks everyone, for your input. It looks like we have a tough decision on our hands. Oh the perils of life, to decide where to stay at WDW! :mjump:

jwallace378
09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I've stayed at OKW 5 times now. We like it, but after staying at the Beach Club Villas, we like the BCV more! There's more to do and more restaurants at BCV. You're kind of limited with food options at OKW (just Olivia's). Unless you want to take the boat ride to DD. OKW does have a nice laidback and relaxed feel though!

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
We really like OKW, but the food choices are not for us. However, The Gurgling Suitcase does have a bar and a tv to catch the game. It's right at the dock. You'll really enjoy OKW. We prefer building in the 23-25 area. A short walk to the hospitality house.

SFTrny
09-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I stayed at POR and wasn't very impressed by the rooms. Everything else about the resort was wonderful, but the room was pretty bad. I've looked into OKW and thought that it would be nice to try. It's in our top-5 of places to try at WDW.

JPL
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I stayed at OKW in January and it's a very nice relaxing resort. The Gurgling Suitcase is a great little lounge to relax with a drink. It's not very big but very relaxing.