PDA

View Full Version : ticket question

AJHUNT2
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Just got back from our 4 day trip to WDW. First time DH has been since '99. He agreed that we would definately go back again. Just not any time soon:(

So my question is would it be worth it now to buy a 10 day ticket w/ no exp. for use 5-8 yrs from now? I know that's a long time but we are planning on having kids soon and don't want to take them when they're too young to really remember and enjoy all the park has to offer.

Also, can you add the park hopper options and such on later or do you have to do that when you purchase the origonal ticket?

TinkerbellT421
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Just got back from our 4 day trip to WDW. First time DH has been since '99. He agreed that we would definately go back again. Just not any time soon:(

So my question is would it be worth it now to buy a 10 day ticket w/ no exp. for use 5-8 yrs from now? I know that's a long time but we are planning on having kids soon and don't want to take them when they're too young to really remember and enjoy all the park has to offer.

Also, can you add the park hopper options and such on later or do you have to do that when you purchase the origonal ticket?

Stinks to see you not going back to the world anytime soon! But wonderful that your planning on having children! Good luck I wish you the best.
Honest opinion, if you have the funds available presently without hurting u and DH then I personally would buy them now, because in 5-8 years, the prices of those tickets could jump significantly and I think personally it would be worth it. I read on here that people buy tickets now for later all the time for that very reason...You cannot add on the park hopper option until your at the park, and you will pay the price of the park hopper for ALL days on the tickets used and unused as if you were buying them then and there. So if the park hopper option goes up as well, in five years...and you add it on in five years, you will pay the price of what they are at that time...I hope I explained that right. I hope its not too confusing. IMHO it might be better to buy everything you and and want now, I think it might be pennies saved now and would be worth it. But again if thats if you can do it now.

Again, good luck with have children!! Best wishes!!

Goes4FastPass
09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
First of all, if you're back when did you plan to purchase these 10 day Park Hoppers?

Anyway, I would reccomend against it. If buying for the future was a giant bargain everyone would do it.

By the time you buy a 10 day base tcket AND Hopping AND No Expiration it's a real piece of money.

There are other complications like later this year we're visiting WDW using unused no exp hopping days. We can't purchase the DDinePlan for this trip unless we purchase at least 1 park day for each guest - and that costs works against the savings. The 'cathches' will be different years from now but there will be catches.

Finally, if you buy the 10 day hoppers with a credit card you'll be paying interest.

If you're planning to have children and wait some years before returning to WDW how about a Mickey Savings Account? Put your hopper money in it and add a little at a time while earning interest. Then when your future DSomething says, "When are we going to Disney World?" you'll have a hunk of money ready.

AJHUNT2
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
That's what I was curious about, the catches. Like adding stuff on later. After having the free dining this time around we decided it was def. worth the extra cost per day for it. Good to know we'd have to pay even more to do it that way. Guess we'll be opening a mickey mouse fund!:mickey: