PDA

View Full Version : tips for finding characters

momofaprincess
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I was wondering if you guys could help out with tips on finding characters, particularly ones who have changed location in the past year and at MNSSHP. We had to cancel our trip we had planned for the fall along with our dining ressies. We have been able to reschedule our trip for the following week, but won't get the great dining ressies we had so we have to rely on finding characters out in the parks. My kids still think the trip is cancelled and we're going to surprise them. We're thinking about going to MNSSHP two nights since we're losing ressies to CRT, Akershus, Chef Mickeys, etc. Any tips you can give would be great. I know there's some changes with Toontown and at the Studios but wasn't sure where they were moving to. Thanks in advance for your help. We'll be arriving October 16.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, I don't know the exact spots.

But Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Baloo, Rafiki, and Timon all appear in the Adventureland Veranda.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs appear near the Teacups. The Tremaine family should be near the Storybook Theater.

Alice, Mr. Walrus, The White Rabbit, The Queen of Hearts, The Mad Hatter, and the Tweedles all appear along the treat trail in Toontown. Mickey and Minnie are in their houses.

Woody and Jesse appear in Frontierland near the Diamond Horseshoe.

The Villains appear in front of the Castle after each Mix and Mingle.

Hayden's Dad
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey Jessica, who will be in the Judge's tent is it still the Princesses and their Princes or will they have others.

Do you have any advice for a plan of attack in order to see some of the more rare characters like the seven dwarfs, Tarzan and Jane, and of course the villians

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Hmmm, my plan? Start in Toontown, then exit to Fantasyland for the Dwarfs and Snow.

Tarzan and the Adventureland friends didn't have too much of a line, but maybe waiting a bit later in the evening.

Also, don't be afraid to use MAW to your advantage. Most of the time, they will bend over backwards for you with it.

DisneyNut2005
09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, I don't know the exact spots.

But Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Baloo, Rafiki, and Timon all appear in the Adventureland Veranda.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs appear near the Teacups. The Tremaine family should be near the Storybook Theater.

Alice, Mr. Walrus, The White Rabbit, The Queen of Hearts, The Mad Hatter, and the Tweedles all appear along the treat trail in Toontown. Mickey and Minnie are in their houses.

Woody and Jesse appear in Frontierland near the Diamond Horseshoe.

The Villains appear in front of the Castle after each Mix and Mingle.

Does this mean that the character meet-and-greet line-ups at MNSSHP is going to remain static and be exactly the same as last year's? If that's the case, then it's a crying shame. :(

The Halloween Parties used to bring out such a wider variety of characters for meet-and-greets, including a lot more of the lesser-seen ones, such as Scrooge McDuck, Big Bad Wolf, the Witch/Old Hag from "Snow White", Stromboli, Gaston, Ratcliffe, Hades, Pain & Panic, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, Thumper, Sora, Goliath the Gargoyle, Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Clopin, the Country Bears, the Brers, etc.

They need to go back to that old routine, since this special event is becoming less "special" by not changing out its character offerings more.

I'm planning on writing a letter about this and suggest that everyone else do the same.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Jessica - Thanks so much for sharing your insight with us. I love reading what you have to say. I'm definitely going to use your plan of attack for MNSSHP. Do they have Cinderella's carriage out again for photos?

DisneyNut - I'd love to meet those characters you mentioned. I think I might have to write a letter too when I get back in Oct.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 03:14 PM
At The Studios, I have noticed more characters at the end of Hollywood Blvd lately. The large open area infront of the Sorcerer's hat. Many people whip through that section on their way to somewhere else. Make sure you look around and you may find some characters you weren't expecting.