PDA

View Full Version : Question @ Wilderness Lodge

Gregandmel
09-07-2008, 05:57 PM
For those that have stayed at WL, is there a shop there that sells beer/wine/pop/snacks that you can take to your room?

Also: for a courtyard view, anyone that has stayed before have a personal floor or room preference? AND - more importantly - is there a coffeemaker in the room?

Are the rooms a decent size? (Compared to say Holiday Inn Express?) This is for 4 people - 2 adults, 1 teenager and an 8yo. Thanks!!!

brianlw71
09-07-2008, 06:13 PM
They have a very nice gift shop with quite a few snacks and beverages. We stayed on the 4th floor facing pool towards the north, very nice. We could see a few of the higher fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. We had a nice view of the water parade as well. Yes there is a coffee pot in each room.

DisneyDoug2
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
We have stayed there three times always had a courtyard view on the 5th floor. Very nice. As for the beer and wine, yes they have it but I would recommend going to downtown Disney or off property to buy it. Very Expensive on site.

tmosier
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
My family of 4 stayed on the first floor with a courtyard view and a bunk bed. Don't think we'll get a bunk room again as my daughters are over 5' now and wouldn't fit comfortably. Otherwise, we felt we had enough room, especially with patio.

One thing to note...if your refrigerator is in a cabinet with a door, leave the cabinet door open whenever you can as it might help the refrigerator stay cooler. You'll know what I mean when you get there!

ibrowse17
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
We really enjoy the 6th floor courtyard view rooms. They have an enclosed patio area, which are very nice. You will enjoy the WL:thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
1. Yes there is a place to buy beverages & snacks in the rear of the gift shop, but it's alot cheaper to bring your own (if possible)

2. 3rd floor or above, facing north, the closer down towards Bay Lake, the better!

3. Rooms are plenty big for your 4. Bunkbeds would probably be too small for your teen.

LUV THE WL!!:cloud9:

VWL Mom
09-08-2008, 07:43 AM
The last time we had the bunk beds my oldest was 5"8" and was okay with the bottom bunk. He actually preferred it to sharing a bed with his brother. Just had to remember not to sit up too fast because of the headroom. Ouch!!

A Mouse Fan
09-09-2008, 10:20 AM
They do sell adult beverages at the gift shop but as people mentioned they are quite pricey! We prefer levels 4 or 5 at the WL overlooking the geiser and the beautiful lake. The reason we like 4 and 5 is because the railing is see through and you can sit on your balcony and people watch :) The 6th floor has balconies that are more private...it's just a matter of personal preference!
You will LOVE the WL. We are staying there for our third time in November and can't wait!

Mousemates
09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
While some prefer the balconies that are bit further out from the lobby (near the pool) because the view opens up a bit...we actually prefer to a little bit closer in because the tighter view allows you to forget your in Florida. You can also hear the "creek" gurgling down below which is rather relaxing and are away from the pools noise as well. But regadless of where you end up you'll have a wonderful time, it's just a great place to be.

KylesMom
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
As with all Disney resorts, you'll see a decided markup of the food items in the gift shop. For comparison purposes, a 6-pack of Miller & a bag of pretzels was around $16.00. Definitely purchase your items in the gift shop versus the food court - they're cheaper! If you're looking for soda, you may be better off purchasing the refillable mugs for the length of your stay.

As mentioned, there is a small Sunbeam coffee maker as well as coffee & tea packets in the room.

We were 4th floor courtyard this last trip and the view was heavenly! :mickey: Although there are only three in my family, the room has always been ample for us.