PDA

View Full Version : First time Boardwalkers

jgt
09-07-2008, 02:13 PM
We're heading out on the 18th for our first stay at the Boardwalk. If you've stayed there could you recommend the room that we should request (just in case we get to have a say-so!). Also-what are the best places to eat on the Boardwalk? Thanks. Gayl

Seasonscraps
09-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I can't recommend a specific room number but I would ask for a room close to the elevator.

Enjoy!!

Dawneeeey
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
a room near the elevator!!!

I like the Big River Grill place to eat and the Boardwalk bakery.

If you have park hopper length of stay passes, you could always walk over to Epcot and eat around the world too!!!

:thumbsup:

Enjoy your trip!

Maleficent's Dad
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Gayl,

Oh let me count the ways... :mickey:

The BW is a wonderful resort. Are you staying at the Inn or at the villas? (If the villas, what size accomodations?)

The inn side has garden suites which are awesome, and nicely private. The standard rooms are nicely laid out; most -but NOT all - have a day bed for children. There is a quiet pool on the Inn side. Close to the elevator is the Belle Vue Room on the main floor (I believe they call the main floor 2, with 1 being at the Boardwalk level). There are some great Boardwalk view rooms on the Inn side - you'll be above ESPN, the Bakery, Spoodles, or Flying Fish if you've got a BW view room.

The villas side is larger - with *some* rooms being pretty far from the elevator. BW views are over Big River or the Screen Door. The main pool - Luna Park - is on the villas' side of the resort. In addition, there is a Community Hall and a quiet pool on the villas side, as well as several rooms with views of DHS and the waterway leading to the park.

For eats:
Breakfast - your only options are
1. Spoodles for sit-down
2. Belle Vue room for coffee (refillable mugs here) & tea and some basics like danishes
3. BW Bakery for quick serve counter stuff (including mugs for coffee, etc...)

Lunch - ESPN or Big River to sit down, bakery for take-out items

Dinner - Flying Fish (best around), ESPN, Spoodles, & Big River are the resort restaurants; none are horrible, all are good, FF gets best marks here... all are sit-down.
Spoodles has a "Pizza Take Out Window" where you can order a pie to bring back to your room (for about $16).

*KEEP IN MIND* that you are SO close to EPCOT, BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin, and even DHS, that the dining options ABOUND!!! There are NO lack of places to eat.

If you have any specific questions, fire away. I just got back from a 10 day stay at the BW. :mickey:

Little Round Bale
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
We were first time Boardwalkers in August. We LOVE this resort. We stayed in a villa and had a kitchenette. Was great breakfast was being made while the tribe got ready. Worked out great!

I think the resturants on the walk are very good. Great place to walk and have a good time. The little general store is great too.

I really liked the ability to just walk to Epcot very short walk. We walked to MGM although longer was very nice. Or you can take the boat to MGM. The pool is fun fun fun you have to try the slide.

May favorite part is they had a huge blow up TV thing on the beach and showed Disney movies Nemo and Enchanted etc. nightly. LOVED it.

BTW, if you want to go to Beaches and Cream and get the kitchen sink, they were taking reservations. So we missed out on that.

We totally enjoyed the experience. I did find it was a little less disney than some of the resorts we stayed at.

Have a blast!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I can give a thumbs up to Spoodles, we ate there on our last visit. Although not on the Boardwalk, the Yachtsman Steak house at the Yacht club is fabulous.

I prefer microbrews and ales, so my beer preference outweighs my need to watch a hundred tvs with sports on, so my preference for a good beer is Big River Grill.

And as others have mentioned, you are so close to Epcot, that your options are really quite extensive.