PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day Adventure to DL/DCA

LuvsTigger80
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
So my hubby and I decided at the last min that we wanted to go to the Land for the day. Thank goodness for my BIL or else we would never go. He signed us all in, including my mother in law.
The first thing we decided to do was to see if DS2 was tall enough for Star Tours. He wasn't :(. But they gave him some sorta fast pass for when he is. (i thought that was cool). So we head the matterhorn and the tea cups. and then go to pirates. And on the way I have to stop and get a Dole Whip Float. Now my day can truely start. :mickey: Went on pirates, then decided to have lunch at the golden horseshoe with billy hill and the hillbillies. :thumbsup: Great Show. And The food was good.
After this we go to DCA. And head straight for Toy Story Mania (i was dreading a very long line). We get there and the wait.......only 25 MINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this ride. Totally awesome.Then did some shopping to get out of the heat. Walked over to Soaring, my husband did this ride. I passed this time. Then we walked to animators studio to enjoy some more AC. After killing time to 3:30, we sat down and waited for the pixar parade( love this one). Had some popcorn and soon enough the parade started. Got really wet. But it was refreshing after being in the heat all day. With the parade over we head to DTD for dinner at Naples. Yummy in my tummy. Then back to DL for the fireworks. We had a fun day. And will be back on 9/30 for hubby's b-day. :mickey:

NotaGeek
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a fun 1 day ... :mickey:

Thanks for posting!

Carol
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Lucky you. Thanks for sharing. :balloon:
And head straight for Toy Story Mania (i was dreading a very long line). We get there and the wait.......only 25 MINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this ride.I hope to have that kind of luck at the end if the month. What time did you head over??

tinkwest
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Glad to hear you had a short wait for Toy Story Midway Mania. Such a great ride!! Have fun on your return trip later this month. :mickey:

LuvsTigger80
09-08-2008, 12:06 PM
What time did you head over??

I think it was about 1pm by the time we got over to the ride. I was very shocked that the wait time was so little. :mickey: we would have rode again...but it broke down right when we got off. :( so hopefully on the 30th we can ride again. :D

ChipnDaleGal
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
What a wonderful day trip!! You have me all excited for my upcoming trip to DL! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

goofy for pluto
10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a wonderful day!
Thanks for sharing!! :mickey: