PDA

View Full Version : The check in process????

honeebee86
09-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi intercotees! Thanks for being so great about helping me during my first cruise trip planning!!! I was wondering what the check in process is like when you get to the ship? I have all my paperwork filled out and I know to bring the one I have to sign. What about luggage? Do we bring them on ourselves or do we have to put them somewhere to be brought on? Also, should the luggage have any special information on it? I have never been on a cruise, so I wasn't sure of what they require. Thanks!!!

sorcerer fan
09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
don't be a paper saver, or as they say on board frugal. the signed papers have to go to two different places so use separate pages for each one. I didn't so that's how I know

Donald_Quackers
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
According to the passporter book and what I've read, you get tags to put on your bags. They should be on the bags before you get to the port, or before you go to the airport, if you're flying in the same day (you didn't mention).

They have extras at the port if you don't have them. You give your luggage to the porters, and the next time you see them is in your stateroom. You just take your carry on with you through security.

ElenitaB
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM
With your final papers from DCL, you'll receive a series of luggage tags to go on your "checked" bags.

How are you getting to port? If you are driving or arrive via a shuttle from a local hotel or car rental agency, you'll give your luggage (except for your carry-on's) to the porters. (Some people, if renting a car, will drop off the luggage first and then go turn in the car.)

If you arrive by bus from a Disney resort, your luggage is collected by Bell Services early the morning of your departure. You take your carry-on's to your meeting point and on the bus with you. Once you arrive at port, you'll take your carry-on's through security (very similar to what you'll see at an airport) and then onto the ship with you. (You won't put on the luggage tags until it's time to give your bags to bell services; use your DME luggage tags to get to your resort if using that service.)

If you're arriving via the DCL busses from the airport, having arrived that same day, I think your luggage (with the DCL tags attached before you check them at your home airport) goes straight through to the ship. Hopefully, someone will come along to confirm this.

Your checked luggage will appear in the hall outside your stateroom shortly after it becomes available (somewhere around 1:30 pm in my experience), or it may be there already when you arrive.

Hope that helps.

Donald_Quackers
09-08-2008, 12:40 AM
If you're arriving via the DCL busses from the airport, having arrived that same day, I think your luggage (with the DCL tags attached before you check them at your home airport) goes straight through to the ship. Hopefully, someone will come along to confirm this.

That's how I understand it. If you're flying in the same day, it works like DME -- you put the tags on before you go to the airport, after you check them in, the next time you see them will be in your stateroom.

Most come in the day before the ship departs. Less stress the first day of vacation.

honeebee86
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Thank yo all for answering my question, that helps a lot. We will be drving up (with a rental) so dropping the bags off and then the car makes perfect sense (I actually would probably not have thought of that! LOL!) Thanks again!:mickey: