PDA

View Full Version : POR - Fishing??

ravsluvdisney
09-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I was reading in one of the travel guides that POR has on-site fishing. Is this true? Has anyone done this before? By DH and DS's would love to go fishing! If POR does have fishing do you have to be staying at the resort or just be a disney resort guest (we are staying at BC). Thanks is advance for your help.

tinksmom02
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes, they offer cane fishing...catch and release only. I forget how much it is, I think maybe $7/half hour? DD and my dad did it last January...she didn't get any nibbles so she didn't last too long.

I think anybody can do it, I don't think you have to be a resort guest, but perhaps someone else will come along and clarify.

FUN
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I will have to check it out when i go in november but does anyone know if i have to make res?

sisterdisco
09-07-2008, 10:19 PM
We just did the fishing at POR.
It is $4+ for 30". The fish are TINY. Little blue gills about 3 inches long.
At first, they gave us skinny worms, that got no bites, and then they gave us either bolongna or hot dog pieces and we immediately started catching one right after another.

If you do any fishing at home. It isn't worth it. Fish are tiny tiny. The hooks are tiny w/o any barbs---so doubtful you could catch any larger fish if they were in there.

ravsluvdisney
09-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the info. My DH and DS's do fish at home here on the Jersey shore so it doesn't sound like it is worth missing pool (SAB) or park time for this. I am so glad I posted this question. I knew my fellow intercotees would know the score!!

tinksmom02
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
I will have to check it out when i go in november but does anyone know if i have to make res?

We just walked up when we did it...we were there rather early 8 or 8:30am...not sure if they take reservations...

disneyfan328
09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
we did this as well and my DD caught one little sunfish. the kids had fun trying it but DH was not enjoying himself. The fish tend to be able to bite at the worms and get them off the hooks so he spent most of the time rebaiting the kids hooks. They spent about an hour doing it while I walked around and got some good resort photos. it was ok but we probably wouldn't waste park time doing it again.

spoiledraf
09-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Not sure of your budget but if you can swing a couple hundred bucks, the fishing excursions on Bay Lake or from the YBC are likely to fetch a few 4-5 pound large mouths. You can go early or as late as 1pm. Maybe hit MK early and jump over to the Contemporary for an afternoon trip. Or Disney Studios or WS and catch a boat at the YBC mid-day. it's a nice relaxing couple hours on the water. Everything is supplied including beverages.