PDA

View Full Version : Storiale's Family Trip Day 2

slpngbty56
09-06-2008, 11:59 PM
My DH,DD(17), DD(14),DS(12), and myself are headed out for our first full day in DW.After a nice restful sleep at POR alligator bayou rooms.:mickey:
We decided to take advantage of early entry at DHS. The kids love the fast rides, ToT &RnRc-- so we'll hit those first. We got into the park and headed straight for those aforementioned rides. ToT had a 10 min wait and RnRc had a 20 min wait but it was actually much shorter than that. After riding RnRc twice we decided to head over to Toy Story Mania.(60 min wait) It was a blast I really enjoyed this ride! We then headed over to Muppets 3d and on our way over we met up with the Dream team and received Dream fast passes!How Cool!!!:cool:
After seeing Muppets the kids hit Star tours(10 min wait) while Dad & I went next store to Backlot express to get lunch. I was actually surprised to see so many healthy choices on the menu. Three of our party had the burgers,my DD14 got chicken strips, and I had tie grilled turkey sandwich. Everyone enjoyed their meal esp. since we have the free dining.
After lunch, we headed back to TSM since we had the FP and we had about a 10 min wait. We did a few more rides then headed back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and to freshen up for dinner.
We had a 4pm ressie for Le Cellier-This is our first time-
WOW!! What a wonderful meal!
I had planned ahead of time to get the filet because it was so highly reccommended here on these boards, but changed my mind at the last minute because I wanted some vegetables. I got thhe mustard basted chicken. DD14 & dh got the filet and DD17 & DS12 got the NY Strip. My chicken was absolutely scrumptous...MMMMM.. soo good and the cream cheese mashed pot were very tasty. My DD14 & DH loved their filet my daghter said it was absolutely the best steak she had ever had my husband seconded her opinion. My son tasted it and said it was like having an orchestra in his mouth..lol. While the NY strips were prepared well they weren't as tasty as the filets. However, I will say that my ketchup loving 17 yr old said her her steak was "too good" to put ketchup which I have to say totally shocked me. Our waiter Jesse was very nice, maybe a little too attentive, but attended to our every need. Overall I would rate this meal very highly and I would definitely eat here again!
After dinner we rode some of our favorite rides like Spaceship Earth, (which my husband was totally dissappointed in since the refurb)and a few others. We then headed back to the hotel to recoop from our busy day, but what a wonderful day.:cloud9:
See ya'll tommorrow:thumbsup:

iheartmickey
09-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Sounds like you got a lot done!!

Don't you love TSM!?!? It's one of my new favorites ... the triggers are so smooth and the action from scene to scene so quick! :mickey:

LeCellier is my favortie ... I've yet to try the cream cheese mashed though!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Susie in NM
09-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the report on Toy Story and Le Cellier. We are looking forward to trying both on our upcoming trip.

Sure hope Ike does not interfere with your time at WDW:mickey:

trapper
09-07-2008, 06:23 PM
We haven't been to TSM or Le Cellier glad you enjoyed both. Can't wait to read more.

mouseketeer mom
09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Dream fastpasses and Le Cellier on the same day? Perfect! Love the comment about the orchestra in his mouth! Ha ha!!

Meerkat
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
A good day. I love Le Cellier.

Lizzie
09-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Great report. Everyone is making me so excited for next year. We are trying a whole bunch of new things and one of them is Le Cellier! I love steak! Thanks again for sharing.

tinkerbell04
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing. It really sounds like you guys have been able to get a lot done! Glad you are having a great itme.

ChipnDaleGal
09-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Fun rides, great food and wonderful family time... sounds like a perfect WDW Day!! Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Great day, Lecellier sounds great

faline
09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Too bad you didn't get those fast passes before you waited on line for an hour! Still, I'm sure it was a great surprise to get them!