PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Trippin'....

ravsluvdisney
09-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, we had no plans of going to the World this year - but here we go again! DW and I decided we needed a dose of Mickey - I'm sure our 2 DS' won't mind a bit either - so first week in Nov. we're off!

Our only pre-trip change this year (trip #6 over the past 5 years) is that we are waiting until the last possible moment to tell the boys. I'm sure others have pulled this off....how did it go and what interesting ways did you spring it on the wee ones?

We're also giving our beloved POLY a break and hitting up the Beach Club. We spent our last day there in '07 and were really impressed and now excited to spend a week there. And yours truly will FINALLY be breaking out the golf clubs for a round at Osprey Ridge - thanx DW!!

59 Days Baby!!!! :yay::joy::clappy::silly::party2:

Ropachs
09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
We leave on 10/22 and are also waiting until that morning to tell our DS6. I can't wait!!! It's fun to look at the you tube vidoes people have posted about telling their kids. We are just going to go in to wake him up like we always do for school and tell him we're going to WDW instead...I think that'll get him up quicker! Then, we're waiting until we arrive at the airport to tell him that Grandma and Grandpa are coming with us. 46 more days!!!

RedSoxFan
09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Have a great trip.:mickey:

pink
09-07-2008, 02:13 PM
How exciting, half the fun is finding out the best way to spill the secret! I second watching the youtube videos, some people have some great ideas.

For example, they get the kids ready and tell them they're going out of town to visit relatives and then one the plane they give them a letter from Mickey or something along those lines. You can pull it off! Let us know how it goes. :mickey:

VWL Mom
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
When DS16 was 4, I told him we were going on a trip for DH's business. I figured this was a good cover for the packing and airplane. We never told him the truth until we got to the MK entrance. He was so happy he started to cry, then looked at me and said in a stern voice "mama, it's not good to lie". He still talks about the trip that mama lied on.

Lizzie
09-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Sounds great have fun surprising the kids.

ChipnDaleGal
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Good luck surprising your kids. I am sure it will be wonderful however you decide to do it. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Beach Club. It is fun to switch it up and stay somewhere other than your favorite once in awhile. I hope you have a great time. :mickey:

faline
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
It's getting closer now! Good luck surprising your kids! I bet they'll be very happy!