PDA

View Full Version : September or October 2009?

xfiles1978
09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Any suggestions on when to visit Disneyworld during the fall. I have been to Disney quite a few times but not during the fall. I am planning to go with my wife and daughter (14-month y/o) fall 2009. Which month/week would be best to attend with fewer crowds? We would like to go during either September or October so that we can attend the Food & Wine Festival and one of Disney's Halloween Nights. Are these worth the money? Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

luv_cinderella
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
We have been to WDW in both September and October. Both months are slower than some of the "peak" times of the year, but the parks are not deserted by any means. We went the week of Labor Day and that had very minimal crowds, but was VERY hot and in the middle of hurricane season (we lucked out that year, though). In October, it was a bit cooler, but we hit a hot streak and still had several 90 degree days.

MNSSHP starts in the beginning of Sept., so you could catch that in either month. The Food & Wine Festival doesn't begin until the very end of September. We attended MNSSHP and loved it, but I know plenty of people will say it is not worth it. Just our opinion, but for us the Halloween party was much "neater" than the Food & Wine Festival. But the F&W Festival is free (well, free to walk through), so it does have its advantages.

Just us, but we love both months for a trip to Disney - I don't think you can go wrong either way. :mickey: