PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass

mshomeschoolmom
09-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Can someone please explain exactly how to do the fastpass. When I get to the Park do I get all the fastpass' for all the rides we really want that uses fastpass and then ride other things while waiting on the times or what? What if more than 1 ride is scheduled at the same time to come back?
We are not familiar with the fastpass system and trying to get everything down before heading to WDW and having to waste precious time on trying to figure out what to do.
Thanks

laward32
09-06-2008, 02:04 PM
You are only allowed 1 fp at a time. When you get your fp it will give you a time that you can get another fp.:mickey:

Bonehead
09-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I think it is a good idea that you are planning ahead. Using FASTPASS is key to maximizing your fun at WDW!

Check out all the info on INTERCOT about FASTPASS (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/fastpass/default.asp)

SBETigg
09-06-2008, 02:20 PM
The Fastpasses are not in a central location. They are located at the attractions themselves. You can only hold one at a time, or two depending on how the times match up. There's a timed window between when you get your pass and when you can get a new one, with the times listed right on the Fastpass. There are machines for Fastpass next to the attraction entrance. You put in your ticket/key card (one for each person in your party, every rider needs their own Fastpass) and you get a Fastpass out. Make sure you get your card back, too. It's very simple, no worries.

So a good strategy is a) to get a Fastpass for the most popular/longest wait attraction, then b) ride something else while you wait, c) pick up a new Fastpass for the next longest wait attraction on your way to ride the attraction you Fastpassed, and d) repeat the process as desired.

kemps@wdw
09-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Since the FP are normally for the "E-ticket rides", our normal plan of action is to get a FP first thing when we go into the park, get into the line to ride or single-rider line (which at that time will be minimal), and then go hit some other attraction til it's time to return. That way, we get to ride our fave ride twice w/virtually no wait! Now, if the others in my party want to ride something I don't,(like TOT), then I'll take everyone's key card and get FP for them all to...let's say...RRC. Then I'll go to the single rider line, if it's shorter, and ride RCC whle they're on TOT. And then we'll all hook up and move on!:thumbsup:

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Definitely get Fast pass as soon as possible. The popular attractions will run out of them.

Imagineer1981
09-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Definitely get Fast pass as soon as possible. The popular attractions will run out of them.

sometimes, depending on the crowd levels. If its a slow day, FP can be available until like 7 at night and if its really slow they won't even open FP.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 03:03 PM
And don't forget that each Fast Pass must correspond with one park Ticket. That is, Mom cannot get four fast passes for the family simply using her own ticket- She needs to use all four park tickets to obtain four Fast Passes