PDA

View Full Version : 'Caribbean Beach' getting a makeover?

disneycutie165
09-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I heard recently that CBR was getting a makeover. I heard it would be pirate themed. Is that true? We are planning to stay there in two more years and hope the makeover will be done by then. Does anyone know what they are doing?:confused:

CleveRocks
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
One of the 6 guest room villages, Trinidad South, is having ALL of the rooms TOTALLY redone in a total pirate theme. These rooms are bookable as of 2009, and cost more per night than a standard room. Trinidad South is the farthest village from Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, shops, etc.

ALL of the other rooms are getting new furniture and bedspreads as well as a wallpaper border around the top of the walls (not sure about painting); the carpeting is NOT being replaced. The new rooms have a slight "Finding Nemo" theme (bedspreads and borders). Some of the rooms are already completed ... I'm sure the entire resort will be done in less than 2 years!

The main pool complex has been closed for about 9 months and is scheduled to open later this month after a complete and total redesign. The new main pool has a pirate theme, a zero-depth entry, a much-improved pool slide, etc.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I will be staying there in 19 days and I am curious. :mickey:do you happen to know if Jamaica or Aruba have been redone? :mickey:

watch4pixiedust
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I will be staying there in 19 days and I am curious. :mickey:do you happen to know if Jamaica or Aruba have been redone? :mickey:

I would be interested to know what areas have been redone, too. (We leave this friday! :woohoo: :eat: :shop:) So far, all I've heard is that they were working in Martinique.......but that was weeks ago. And I wonder why they aren't replacing the carpet when they are replacing almost everything else??? :scratch: :shrug:

Have fun on your trip!:tink: