PDA

View Full Version : tips for "Mousekeeping"

homeschool mom
09-06-2008, 10:12 AM
We will have 2 connecting rooms for our family of 7. Will the same housekeeper clean both. I want to get my tip envelopes ready ahead of time.

Thanks in advance.

7 days 11 hours 59 min. 35 sec. :party:

NotaGeek
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
We will have 2 connecting rooms for our family of 7. Will the same housekeeper clean both. I want to get my tip envelopes ready ahead of time.

Thanks in advance.

7 days 11 hours 59 min. 35 sec. :party:

The same housekeeper usually cleans a whole section of rooms, but it could very well be 2 house keepers depending on where the break is ... if i were you i would tip separately just to be safe. :mickey:

Have a great time!

Urbss
09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I hope you don't mind me hoping on to your question (btw - very helpful since we will have connecting rooms too!!)

Anyway, do you leave daily tips or do you wait until the end of your stay and tip according to the level of service you received?

kakn7294
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
It's best if you tip daily as you may not have the same mousekeeper for the entire stay. It's possible that you will have at 2 or more different people clean your room(s) and the tip would go to just that last person rather than equally be split between all of them on a daily basis.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
:mickey: We have the same situation - and to be on the safe side we just do 2 envelopes. I would hate for the person cleaning one of the rooms to get nothing. Although often it is the same person.

Urbss
09-06-2008, 11:39 PM
It's best if you tip daily as you may not have the same mousekeeper for the entire stay. It's possible that you will have at 2 or more different people clean your room(s) and the tip would go to just that last person rather than equally be split between all of them on a daily basis.

That is a really good point. I'm sure the same person will not be working 7 days in a row (I would think).

So, with that in mind, I guess I'm going to just tip for the sake of tipping, and not because of the level of service. But, unlike normal restaurants or whatever - I've always gotten outstanding service at WDW - so that is okay!!!

Urbss
09-06-2008, 11:40 PM
So, what do you all normally tip per day???

JPL
09-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I usually tip $2-3 a day. I always tip daily to avoid forgetting at the end of my trip which I have done in the past and realized when I got home :blush: I also found tipping daily usually leads to better service overall.

Urbss
09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for all the info - I think I might try to get to the bank and get some $2.00 bills because I think they are cool and then I would only have to carry 1/2 as many!!!

pink
09-07-2008, 12:24 PM
I would say put one envelope in each room. We plan on tipping $2 a day. Make sure the envelopes say "Mousekeeping" or something along those lines or they may not know it's for them and not take it. :mickey:

homeschool mom
09-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Wow! I read somewhere one time to tip $1 per person per day. We tipped $8 per day last trip! I like your $2 or $3 per day idea better and so will DH. :D He told me I was tipping too much. He's right again!

One week from today I'll be having breakfast at Chef Mickey's! :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
09-08-2008, 08:29 AM
I liked the way we did it last time..there was no scrambling for $$ before we left the room for the day. 2 of my kids decorated plain white envelopes. Some had the castle on them, some fireworks, some Mickey bars, some were pirate themed...you get the idea! They decorated one per each night of our stay, so in our case, we had 8. I gave the kids 8 five dollar bills to seal in the 8 envelopes. I packed them in our bag, and it was so easy! Each morning before we left, we put out the prepared envelope..each envelope also said Mousekeeping on it, and also said Thank You! as well as the picture they drew. It made tipping fun and no looking for bills! There are 5 of us in our family, and so for us, that was 1 dollar per person, per day.