PDA

View Full Version : Checked baggage charge and magical express?

Cinderelley
09-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Does anyone know how the checked baggage fees are working with Magical Express?

CleveRocks
09-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I assume you're talking about Resort Airline Check-in, the service you use on the way home.

You are still responsible for any fees the airline will charge. A day or 2 before you go back home, you'd have to call the subcontractor that runs RAC ... it's called BAGS Inc. You can get the phone number at the RAC desk at your resort. You'd have to call them in advance and make the baggage payment by credit card.

Just in case your luggage happens to be over your airline's allowable weight, RAC won't be able to handle it at all. They are not set up to receive overweight luggage fees.

DizneyRox
09-06-2008, 09:28 AM
So basically it's a hassle... Are there weigh machines available to guests to check baggage weight? Are the different airline policies/procedures posted for guests to see what they need to do?

I use a limo service, have been for a number of years. Looks like this might be a good selling point for them, I know they aren't happy with the ME service and it's impact to their business. Now, they just need to capitalize on it.

Cinderelley
09-06-2008, 11:05 AM
So basically it's a hassle... Are there weigh machines available to guests to check baggage weight? Are the different airline policies/procedures posted for guests to see what they need to do?

I use a limo service, have been for a number of years. Looks like this might be a good selling point for them, I know they aren't happy with the ME service and it's impact to their business. Now, they just need to capitalize on it.

I think you're right.

I always used Continental to go to WDW because of the Magical Express perk. Because of my disability, it was a real added bonus to have someone else carry the luggage. The customer service has been very poor though.

I suspect we'll be using Southwest from now on. The prices are cheaper, and the customer service is much better.

I'll just have to hire someone to lug my stuff around. ;)

kdsjjb
09-06-2008, 11:09 AM
weigh machines

:funny: Thats great - I love reading your posts!

azdisneymom
09-06-2008, 11:34 AM

Hire me. Hire me.

CleveRocks
09-06-2008, 12:12 PM
I use a limo service, have been for a number of years. Looks like this might be a good selling point for them, I know they aren't happy with the ME service and it's impact to their business. Now, they just need to capitalize on it.That doesn't apply in this situation.

What was asked about, and what I described, is a service called Resort Airline Check-in. It has NOTHING to do with Disney's Magical Express. Disney does a poor job of differentiating the two ... but they are VERY separate services. RAC and DME are not related in any way. People can use RAC's services whether or not they use any parts of DME.

And here's the bottom line ... guests can use RAC to check their luggage through to their home airport whether or not they ride the DME bus back to the airport. If I were a car service manager, I'd be encouraging my clients to use RAC ... it would mean faster runs for my drivers since they wouldn't have to help the passengers with heavy luggage, and it would mean fewer back and shoulder injuries for my drivers. RAC is a car service's best friend!!!

It really helps to have a full understanding of the systems.

CleveRocks
09-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I think you're right.

I always used Continental to go to WDW because of the Magical Express perk. Because of my disability, it was a real added bonus to have someone else carry the luggage. The customer service has been very poor though.

I suspect we'll be using Southwest from now on. The prices are cheaper, and the customer service is much better.

Everyone on every airline gets the Magical Express luggage delivery from airport to resort. EVERYBODY. EVERY AIRLINE.

Going2HeavenRU
09-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I love using the RAC service. It is wonderful to get your boarding pass at the hotel and then just walk to security at the airport. Saves a lot of time and effort.
I have a quick question though. When you are getting ready to leave, how far in advance can you check in your luggage before your flight?

DizneyRox
09-06-2008, 05:44 PM
weigh machines :funny: Thats great - I love reading your posts!
At least someone got it!

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2008, 05:55 PM

1) If the luggage is overweight, you have to tote it yourself. *
2) Airline bag policies are not listed, as it is up to you to know the rules.

* Luggage is weighed by RAC immediately before tagging. It is taken from you before tagging and you CANNOT touch the bags after tagging (TSA rules). You can always check the weight the day before from 5:00am-1:00pm. However, you cannot pay for overweight luggage because there is no assurance that is the weight the next day.

Cinderelley
09-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Everyone on every airline gets the Magical Express luggage delivery from airport to resort. EVERYBODY. EVERY AIRLINE.

Yes, but not everyone gets it back.