PDA

View Full Version : Small Worlds - Regular Meets

TinkRocks
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi All,

Well, we obviously keep missing each other on Small Worlds, so how about we make a regular weekly meeting time?

Friday evenings at 10pm EST (7pm PT).

Alternatively / additionally, we could also meet on Sundays (or another evening) at the same time (10pm EST / 7pm PT).

Please share your thoughts and I can update this post as necessary.

JPL
09-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Fridays work for me more than Sunday since work comes very early on Monday :(

wdworbust
09-08-2008, 12:26 AM
My schedule keeps me from being able to be a part of any meet. But as a lurker, and an acquaintance of some, I hope to run into you on SM.

I was King Crimson on vmk, King Crimsom on SM and Eric in real life.

Nice to see you here.

Chescat
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm hoping to being able to start doing this maybe in another week or so when stuff with me stablizes. I miss you guys. :(

trackbarroness
09-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I got crossed trained last week, and have had a really long week so far. Well it seems long because my last two days off where on Sunday and Monday of last week. I just noticed that next week I have a 10 hour shift on Tuesday. I guess that's what happens when you just get crossed trained some where. :D
It's a good thing that Wednesday is my Friday huh? :D

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Really stinky right now because I barely have enough time with the homework (grrrr) to get on and chat. And this weekend I'm going out of town again (really, I'd think that gas prices would stop us from traveling.. hahaha) so I'll try my best to get some magic chasing time in! :D I miss you guys!

JPL
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a good thing that Wednesday is my Friday huh? :D

Please don't start this again we are all still :confused: from last time you tried ;)

trackbarroness
09-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Sorry cookie, :blush: it's just how they talk around here about having 2 days off in a row.
I'm off the next 2 days? how's that? :D
I start at 7:45 on Saturday, I'll try to be on late that night.
laters

TinkRocks
09-11-2008, 01:19 AM
It's not mandatory that we all meet every Friday.

We are just trying to create a specific time when we know there's a good chance a few of us will be on Small Worlds at the same time.

We keep missing each other 'cos there aren't any open / close times with Small Worlds like there was with VMK. If y'all remember, VMK's daily closing time was 1am EST / 10pm PT, so we knew there'd be a few Inside Out people an hour or two before closing.

Yes, everyone's schedules are different, so it is hard to arrange a time that suits everyone.

Friday evenings were chosen 'cos most people wouldn't have to work the following day (unless you're in a 24/7/365 industry, like tourism / police, etc.).

JPL
09-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Well Friday number 1 of the Friday meets and nobody was on :(

Trying again now

cEveArdenfan
09-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I was on last night from 8-10 central. I saw Rocks for a while, at least. I'll be on again tonight.

TinkRocks
09-14-2008, 01:39 AM
I was on for a little while and intended to log back on, but got a little sidetracked...

Marla
09-14-2008, 12:19 PM
hey kiddos, here's my:twocents:. I think having a scheduled meeting time each week is a great idea. I really miss getting together and just chatting and reading the songs of our more talented friends. I do not think any of us can say that they will be available each week at the exact same time and place. So, why not use this thread as a posting place. Someone can "host" a announced get together. That way if just a few old VMKers are available at least you get a chance to get together. Maybe posting a date, location and time would make it easier to plan to be there. And hopefully with time it will be like it was before with a packed room of friends. I really do miss you all!:tink: