PDA

View Full Version : AK...how many days?

Imagineer1981
09-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Alot of people post that AK is a "half day" park. How many days do you do at AK? I always do at least 1 full day with an occasional park hop in between

kdsjjb
09-05-2008, 02:43 PM
We usually do the better part of a day here, pairing it up with an evening EMH at another park.

Next trip, we are going to try the evening EMH here.

joonyer
09-05-2008, 02:52 PM
The longer our vacation, the more times we visit AK, so it's hard to give a definitive answer to this one. It's always at least one full day though.

ISLE39
09-05-2008, 03:25 PM
i always spend one full day so i can get the parade and such in. but as long as i have a 5 or more day trip going i always go back one last time i mean would u want to go home without doing expedition everest just one last time. i mean thats like leaving mgm or dhs without doing the tower of terror one last time

readytogo2
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
1/2 day at best . ride EE and Dinosaur, maybe bugs life.

ThanxForNoticin
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
We really enjoy AK. We'll spend a full day doing all the things we like best, and then go back for the 1/2 to full day to do more or repeat some attractions (the safari is different every time). We also really enjoy most of the shows there.

maxrebo77
09-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Am not parkhopping this trip, so I am doing just one day at AK with the evening EMHs. If i was parkhopping, AK always gets a second trip
11 days to go! :cloud9:
Travel documents have arrived! :thumbsup:
Peace, Love and :mickey:!

KAT1811
09-05-2008, 04:32 PM
We typically do one day here at best. On this trip we are going to shoot for 1 1/2 days and go from there. Our children are much more into the zoo at this time in their lives so they should enjoy AK more than before. We plan on doing a ful day and then taking the first part of another day, back to the resort for a nap and then out for dinner another day. If they seem to like it a whole lot more than before we can always find more time to go back. This is on our typical trip which is almost 2 weeks.

disneymom15
09-05-2008, 04:34 PM
We spend about a half day at AK. Usually get there about 10am and leave around 3 or 4pm.

wilshade
09-05-2008, 04:44 PM
For me, AK became worth 2 days when it added the new Nemo show.

I found myself taking my time and enjoying AK more by dedicating one day to shows and rides and another to the animals (includes Safari).

This way, I can take my time on the Jungle Trek walk-thru as well as take a lot more time at Conservation Station.

pianobabe
09-05-2008, 06:26 PM
We usually do AK on an EMH evening day. That way we get a day plus a little more. That works for us.

RedSoxFan
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
We have only done 1 day at AK. But this next trip will be longer; so maybe we'll do more than 1 day. Just have to wait and see.

Pirate Granny
09-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I love doing the late magic hours at AK...It's quiet and peaceful...do the walk between Africa and Asia along the path...beautiful...although I will admit that EVEREST is better in the daylight...
AK is MY FAVORITE Park. I wish NEMO had a show at night...
:pirate:

sophie peach
09-06-2008, 08:56 AM
i spend 2 days there.
i think it depends on how indepth you want to go.

Daisy'sMom
09-06-2008, 09:51 AM
We usually do just one day here. The Safari, Bugs Life, Lion King, everyone loves EE ( except for me), primeworld, and Dinosaur. I think that is about it for us.
I do love browsing in the stores at AK. They have some interesting things.:mickey:

ryca1dreams
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
We usually do the better part of a day here, pairing it up with an evening EMH at another park.

Next trip, we are going to try the evening EMH here.

Same with me - probably more like 3/4 of a day.

If it were just me, I'd probably do 2 days and really take my time - I'm kind of a nature boy. But, majority rules.:)

Ian
09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I struggled between 0 and 1/2, because a lot of trips we do end up skipping AK. We almost definitely will this month, because we're only going to be in the parks for 3 days.

But normally we'll try to get over there at least for a morning so we can ride Everest and maybe do some other stuff.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
09-06-2008, 11:41 AM
We typically do one full day! This past Aug. my 9 year old daughter and I went for EMH morning and we managed to do EE, safari, dinosaur, and prime-evil whirl before the park opened up to the public. When the rest of our family arrived we met at safari rode again and then went to "get soaked" followed by lunch. We caught bugs life, and a couple of shows and left by 5.

laward32
09-06-2008, 11:42 AM
On the three trips I have taken we have only spent about 1/2 a day at AK. I could probably spend more time there, but we just get tired and decide to go somewhere else.:mickey:

Darbylew
09-06-2008, 11:42 AM
We take a day for AK. There is a lot to see and
do there. It is a great park. :thumbsup:

azdisneymom
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
we usually spend a day there then go back for a 1/2 day to see Nemo again.

disneyfan1124
09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
AK is one of our favorites-always at least 2 days, more if a longer than 5 day trip. We don't have to rush in this park and we can relax and see some really amazing sights. Animals require patience and the more time you are willing to spend standing or sitting quietly, the more likely you are to see something that others might miss.

Soul_Power
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
My vote went for one full day, but I think it really depends. When we went last year, it was our first time so we didn't really know what to expect. We actually ended up not seeing everything because we had to leave early to make it to dinner at a resort. I think we would have been able to see everything had we stayed longer. I say that it depends, though, because if you already know what you want to see/not see, you could base how long you're at AK on that. If you only want to see a few attractions, then it could very well be a half day park, but if you're not too familiar with it (as we were/are), I think a whole day is necessary.

Also.. AK's park hours are shorter than the other parks, so one "full day" here is different from a "full day" at another park.

Donald A
09-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I think whether or not it is a half day park depends on your vacation schedule. I mean, usually when I go during the winter, AK is never open past 5PM. At the same time, I do not vacation by getting up at 8AM for a 9AM opening. I usually get to a park at 11AM or Noon. So I guess that is technically a half day at AK for me but I consider it a full day.

GrmGrninGost
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
We usually stay at WDW for 8 or 9 days. Out of this we usually spend a half day at AK. There's just not that much there for us. We ride EE a couple times, Dinosaur once, Kali River Rapids once, Safari once and sometimes do the Festival of the Lion King. I was terribly disappointed in the Nemo show. We won't do that one again. Over all, I would rather spend my time doing other things I enjoy more.

IloveDisney71
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
You didn't have 3/4 of a day (just kidding) so I voted for 1 day. Seriously, we usually spend about 3/4 of a day at the park depending on the crowd levels. Sometimes we park hop and will do a morning there and then go somewhere else and then if they have EMH's at night we'll come back at night. I love to ride EE at night.

Patricia
09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
People always think we're crazy, but it's always been a two day park for us since it's opening.. with an extra hop over if we have time. My 3 kids have always loved it. We tend to skip over most of the Studios (making it our half day park) in preference to AK.

If you have kids over 8, giving them a camera in this park will give them a close up window in to which to appreciate the details here. My 14 year old (on last trip) saw things he didn't know were there on previous trips.

We loved the Nemo show. :nemo:

Tbelle1976
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
At least 1 day, if not more. There is alot to see and I can't take enough pictures in the park!

JPL
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Actually behind the MK this is the Disney Park that I am drawn to the most. I can spend hours just watching the animals on the trails or walking around and finding all the hidden treasures. It's truly a different experience each trip. The attention to detail is amazing and having attended my first evening EMHs in June I have a whole new appreciation for the park. I chose 2 1/2 days :thumbsup:

Disdude
09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
It's now our favorite park. We usually end up there a few times every trip.

Polynesian Dweller
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Voted 1/2 day but it really depends on how we feel on a trip. If we feel like walking the trails we'll spend closed to 1 day otherwise it will be shorter.

Sylvia
09-09-2008, 03:22 AM
I voted for 3 days, but since most of my WDW trips are at least 2 weeks, many times I spend a total of 4 days at AK. I love the atmosphere, especially during evening EMH. The sounds after dark are amazing.

Jeff G
09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
We'll be at the world for 8 days and the plan is for 1 full day at AK. We have a hard time getting everything in in one full day even during off-peak season but for the little we miss it's not worth going back for another day.

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
it depends on how may shows you do and if you are going to visit characters, these are the two most time consuming elements. Lion King and Nemo can be 1 1/2 each if you factor in show and wait times. not to mention "Bug" . then if you plan on going to Camp Minnie Mickey you wait for each character. add on the time it takes to walk any trail to see animals and going to Rafiki's Planet Watch that only has one way in and out. So, if you are only going for the rides 1/2 day, but if you really want to see the park it is possible to do 2 days.

Imagineer1981
09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Glad to see people are saying 1 1/2 to 3 days for the park. I love AK and hate seeing so many people saying its only a 1/2 day park at best