PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Pleasure Island trip - DAY 4

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
THE GOODBYE TO PLEASURE ISLAND TRIP

DATES: August 28th - September 1st

CAST: Me (Chris; 5th trip to the World), Tink (My GF; first trip to WDW in 9 years).

RESORT: Coronado Springs (first time for both of us)

DAY 4: CONQUERING THE KINGDOMS: ANIMAL KINGDOM & MAGIC KINGDOM!
SUNDAY AUGUST 31, 2008

So it was rough waking up - but we managed to do so at 10am and headed right for Animal Kingdom after a couple of bananas for breakfast. We knew this was going to be a quick trip to AK because, amazingly, we hadn't stepped foot in the MK yet and it was already the day before we leave. We went on Expedition Everest - Crystal had a lot of fun on this one. We then headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris...where we were held up for about 20 minutes "due to an animal on the course". We never found out what it was - but we waited it out - didn't really have any other choice, lol. We had a good ride though, several animals were out and about. Female lion was walking around, the male was sleeping (typical men, eh?:)). The cheetas were sleeping - which is always comforting! We headed to Yak and Yeti after this - loved the shrimp tempura and Crystal loved the salmon. Nice place, I hadn't seen it since it's construction phases last year - I'd go back there again.

After lunch we rode Dinosaur, which freaks me out still, but I managed it. We walked past Dinoland USA and noticed Primeval Whirl was still open - after I told Crystal it would be shut. She loves rides like that, and since there was no wait time, we walked right on it. I somehow managed to video tape this experience......can't wait to see what it looks like!).

We walked out of the park and arrived at MK at exactly 5pm. First ride was Splash Mountain, followed by Big Thunder Mountain. We headed over to Space Mountain but it was closed for a bit - so we went on others including tea cups, pooh, haunted mansion and pirates. Dinner at Pecos Bills (YEEHAW!). Good burger as always. We watched SpectroMagic from inside. Then we headed back to Space Mountain - which had reopened. After a 20 minute wait, we were the next car/rocket to load, when the lights came on (cool!) and it was closed again....we got fast passes for any attraction though. We checked back in a bit and it was open again - so we used the fast passes on it. Crystal was so happy :) it's one of her favorites! Also, we went to City Hall and picked up our EMH wristbands and caught the second SpectroMagic show. We were right by the gates where the floats come out and sat on the ground with NO ONE else around! It was great - romantic and fun. During EMH, we did Splash a number of times, and BTM which was a walk-on. We did Space one more time (huge lineup, 30 mins...still it could have been worse). We did HM again - love that one, and the cast members were "DEAD on" playing the roles....they made it a lot of fun. One said to me at the exit dock when I said "thanks that was fun!" she said "I know you're DYING to stay but you must move on..."...Crystal and I had a good laugh at that. Last ride of the night around 2:50am was Splash Mountain. From there, took video of the castle and Main Street. Got back to the resort at 3:30 or so, and fell asleep around 4:30 after making sure things were packed.

Tomorrow would be the last day before heading back to Winnipeg...but we had time for one last park...

UP NEXT:
DAY 5: DHS Tower til ya drop & the flights to Winnipeg

Chris :hatter:

KylesMom
09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Lots of e-ticket attractions today - COOL! :D I'm glad Space Mtn decided to cooperate and you guys were able to ride. Thanks for sharing another great day! :mickey:

cal5755
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
ok now I just need a nap!! You have me exhausted!! Thank goodness none of the parks are open til 3 am in Sept lol!!

laward32
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
You got a lot done for such a short trip. :mickey:

iheartmickey
09-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Wow! You guess really know how to play!!! I'd be "dead on my feet". LOL!

Sounds like lots of fun! Thanks for sharing!

wilshade
09-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks again for sharing!

MauiMouse
09-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Holy cow, what a long day. Sounds like you had a fantastic time though. :mickey:

trapper
09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
That's the way I like to do the parks there at opening (or close to it) and stay till it closes! You need a vacation from the vacation when you get home.

Lizzie
09-06-2008, 03:15 PM
You sure manage to do some long days and get a lot in.

tinkerbell04
09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
WOW! What a long day! You really did manage to get a lot done in all the hours that you stayed out :)

dolphinmickey9170
09-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm exhausted just reading...I need some sleeeeep!

I love HM! The CM are always "dead" on! Good one.

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

yjgirl32
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Another wonderful report to read- I'm sad that it will be ending. I would love to be at the Mk when it closes- not sure if the rest of my family would enjoy that.

DizNee143
09-08-2008, 03:37 PM
yet another busy busy day! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't know that a person could jam anymore fun into a Disney Day than you two did! :thumbsup: Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Whew! You managed to stuff a whole lot of activity into this ay!