PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Pleasure Island trip - DAY 2

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-05-2008, 12:33 PM
THE GOODBYE TO PLEASURE ISLAND TRIP

DATES: August 28th - September 1st

CAST: Me (Chris; 5th trip to the World), Tink (My GF; first trip to WDW in 9 years).

RESORT: Coronado Springs (first time for both of us)

DAY 2: POLISHING OFF DHS, EPCOT FOR EMH!
FRIDAY AUGUST 29, 2008

So Mickey and Stitch woke us up around 9am. We took out time getting ready and eventually made it back to DHS because we had barely scratched the surface yesterday. We knew what attractions we wanted to do. One of them was Toy Story Mania - but that slipped our minds until later.

So we got there. Crystal has never used fastpasses before and was a bit confused on how to use them (thinking we HAD to use them at our return time of 12:25pm for example). But trust me once she figured it all out, she was telling ME what to do, with all the fastpass lingo/etc. :)

We jumped in a 20 minute line for Rockin Rollercoaster. As fun as always! Such a rush, and a good way to wake you up. We had nothing to eat yet either. So, we decided to get a FP for TOT and then head to the ABC Commissary for lunch. A couple of cuban sandwiches later, and we were bound for the Hollywood Tower Hotel. I remember as the giant white light rose and separated, Crystal grabbed my hand and was squeezing it tight - we were both excited - I think she was more nervous that I was! It was a great experience as always. It's my #1 attraction and will be extremely tough to beat. We did the GMR and had the front row - that was a new experience too - lots of interaction with the host and gangster throughout the ride. We did a couple more rides on the TOT until we checked out and went to Epcot. It was then that we realized we forgot Toy Story Midway Mania - but no worries - lines will be less next time, hopefully...and that'll make sure we book again next year, too ;) It's all part of the plan!

Anyway - so now we're in Epcot. First stop was the Mexican Pavillion to walk around and take the El Rio Del Tiempo (or what I call "Donald Duck tries to improve El Rio Del Tiempo") and took a flight to England to eat at the Rose and Crown. Amazing service, great meal, we both highly recommend it. After this, we stood in a 30 minute line for Soarin'...Crystal LOVED it.

We stopped at Club Cool and I videotaped her trying the Beverly drink...as she did with me too....YUCK!!!!! I had tried it before but wanted my reaction recorded for the sake of what should eventually be a funny video. After this, we walked on Spaceship Earth - I like what they've done with the ending, and was SHOCKED to see Winnipeg appear as an option on the touch-screen. The end result was funny though. Test Track was another good ride - with a posted 45 mintue wait time - ended up being probably 15-20 so that was a nice surprise. Rode that twice; once in the 'single riders' line. Went on Nemo and Friends, watched the dolphins afterwards. Now it was coming on 11pm so we wanted to go thru the world showcase. Stopped on Maelstrom...too bad the film at the end wasn't playing, we had to walk right thru...darn....lol. A lot of the pavillions had closed by this time, despite the EMH. No worries though. We stopped in Canada and chatted for a bit with the CMs there.

Last ride of the night was again Test Track. Rode the bus back to the resort just after midnight. Wanted to swim - but it appeared security had just gone by and kicked people out - maybe someone was being too loud?? Regardless, we were in there late the night before. I guess it just takes 1 person to ruin it though. We went to bed and set the Mouse Wakeup Call for 9am again. Tomorrow would be a day at the waterpark and...THE GOODBYE TO PLEASURE ISLAND!

UP NEXT:
DAY 3: Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, & Goodbye, Pleasure Island...

Chris :hatter:

KylesMom
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Yep, once you get the hang of FastPass, you're on your way - glad Tink discovered it!

It's my #1 attraction and will be extremely tough to beat. I'm with you - tried it for the first time this August, and I'm hooked too! Another nice day with two separate park visits - way to go! :mickey:

cal5755
09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
So Great!! I can not wait to see the ending of SSE.... and ride TOT and RNRC lol. Glad you had another great day and too bad about the swiming!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Sounds like another great day!

Last time we were in Canada most of the CM's were from Winnipeg :)

tinkerbell04
09-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for sharing, it sounds like it was another great day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Sounds like fun:)

laward32
09-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Another great day for you two. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-05-2008, 11:05 PM
What a nice day!!! Sounds like Tink has got it all under control!

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

wilshade
09-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the report!

MauiMouse
09-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Another fantastic day, Chris. :mickey:

Lizzie
09-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the report looks like another fun day.

Jennib
09-06-2008, 06:17 PM
another great day!

dolphinmickey9170
09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I so love ToT too! It is my all-time favorite ride!!

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

yjgirl32
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Another great report. Thanks again for sharing. Can't wait to read more.

DizNee143
09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
sounds like another great day..you guys sure do make the most of each day..so far! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
09-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you had a really fun day, Chris. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Terrific day! It certainly doesn't take long to get the hang of using fast passes, does it?