PDA

View Full Version : Grr Rant

Insanity Clause
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Okay, I found this really awesome deal for me, DH, DD, DD, DS to all fly. I didn't think we would be able to afford but I found a price for all 5 of us for under 1000.00. I have been waiting for a check to come in so I can get it instead of putting it on a CC. Well, last night I got on and it went up substantially! I am hoping and praying that it did because we have gone into a weekend and the rates are just highter then. I am praying that Monday they will drop them back to where they were since they have lowered the price of oil...a wee bit anyway. I just hope DH still lets me get the tickets even if they are a little bit higher. I really don't want to drive from Ohio to Florida. Every year we make a big road trip from here to TX and I would just like to be able to get there in a couple of hours instead of a couple of days.

Okay, rant is over. Thank you for bearing with me.

3AMommy
09-05-2008, 10:32 AM
We usually drive from Kansas to WDW...24 hours in the car!

It is a wonderful drive and it has become tradition to stop in certain places, see certain sights, etc. along the way....

But, man...I don't wanna drive anymore. We have 3 kids under 9 and we are flying out tomorrow morning.

DH, Me, DS8, DS4, DD1, and Memaw!

Lookout Mickey, here we come!!!!!
3AMommy:D

deedeebee
09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
We fly out on Tues! No way would I ever drive again. With three kids, 13,11 and 10, that car ride would be bad, real bad. I see that you are from Ohio, we are flying out of DTW for less than $700, for 5 of us. Maybe that could work for you? Anyway, I do totally understand how you feel!

cer
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
I know what you mean. I booked very early on Southwest on Aug 21 and noticed that hours later the price had jumped and is still climbing. I checked yesterday and our flight package is now $140 more than what I paid.

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2008, 02:00 PM
. . . I really don't want to drive from Ohio to Florida . . .

We find Cleveland-to-Orlando is about 17-hrs straight.

btharvey
09-05-2008, 02:34 PM
We drive ... 16 hours from Southern Maryland ... but that's pulling our Trailer to Fort Wilderness. (You wouldn't believe what Southwest wants to check that sucker!!)

GBBT
09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
We drive ... 16 hours from Southern Maryland ... but that's pulling our Trailer to Fort Wilderness. (You wouldn't believe what Southwest wants to check that sucker!!)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

andreallybadeggs
09-05-2008, 08:15 PM

:rotfl::rotfl:
And I thought they prided themselves on no added costs.
Guess I'm going the other way...used to do everything in my power to fly rather than drive but I'm old enough to remember the good old days when you could actually leave your shoes on in the airport and didn't worry up until the day of departure that your flight would be changed or canceled. I made 2 road trips to Fla this summer...totaled about 4,500 miles...and never regretted it.

tmosier
09-05-2008, 08:33 PM
FYI--- there's a site called farecast.com (or farewatch.com-- or something like that) that projects what fares will be for your travel dates and recommends when you should buy your tickets.

Mickey378
09-06-2008, 12:54 PM
We are driving down from Boston next week with our 2 boys ages 3 and 1 1/2. We are going to just take our time. This will be our fourth time driving down, but the first with kids. Last time we took our oldest for his first birthday and we flew. We figured it might be less of a hassle than dealing with strollers, carseats, luggage and car rental.