PDA

View Full Version : Check Availibility

VWL Mom
09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
IMO there should be a way to availability on the DVC member web-site (or is there already and I am just missing it). I realize they need to check points, etc so you could not book it. I think reservations would be easier for all involved if you could just make a plan and then call and book it. The plan a,b, & c route is making me a bit dizzy. Anyone else agree?

lockedoutlogic
09-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I whole heartedly agree....

i don't think they'll ever do it though....as they like to maintain tight control over their inventory to be able to manipulate it as they wish....

even though there isn't alot of play in DVC locations....they still have the ability to do some limited promotions....such as the Saratoga/OKW "family and friends" line of bubka they are pushing right now.

They do have the "reservation request form"...but it is utterly useless...as it only gives you a "yes" or "no" to a specific sight on a specific date....with i believe one "second choice option"...

Let's face it.....the telefono is what DVC has choosen to use.....trapped in the early 20th century...

chefmickey3
09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I was thinking the same thing. My salon allows for booking online and it is so much easier to see when my stylist is available and then check with my calendar than trying to do it by phone. If my first choice of time is not available then I am scrambling trying to find an alternative. We have been very lucky with DVC and have always gotten what we wanted, but I can see how it would be nice to scope things out!

dlpmikki
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
They are gradually adding more stuff online. This, or even better, being able to book online, would be the icing on the cake. I suspect doing this would be marginally easier than the actual booking because they could say sorry, someone else has booked that slot already and it takes a little while to update the web. Live booking would take a very powerful system to work it with the numbers and permutations involved.

lockedoutlogic
09-05-2008, 01:01 PM
They are gradually adding more stuff online. This, or even better, being able to book online, would be the icing on the cake. I suspect doing this would be marginally easier than the actual booking because they could say sorry, someone else has booked that slot already and it takes a little while to update the web. Live booking would take a very powerful system to work it with the numbers and permutations involved.

I agree on one hand....

on the other hand.....it might render certain locations and categories useless....

Like say.....Saratoga....or 1 bedrooms-which are twice the price as a studio without a very measurable gain in usuable space....

we'll see....the online point resources are great....as now my mother in law doesn't have to stare at her paper ledger sheet for hours with steam pouring out of her ears.....

and the new waitlist policy should correct that system to make it more fair for everyone....

DVC has made some positive changes of late....hopefully one day we can patrol the availability of all the resorts as most now do for hotels, rental cars, airfares, etc.