PDA

View Full Version : DDP credits on KTTW card

homeschool mom
09-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Some DDP questions:

1)Will the DDP credits for our entire party of 7 be put on one master KTTW card, or on individual cards?

2)Can I request they all be put on one card to save on confusion?

3)After each use, will we get a receipt to let us know how many credits remain, or do I need to keep track of that?

We leave in only 8 days and I want to have this DDP "thing" all figured out before we go.

8 days and counting! :cloud9:

DizneyRox
09-05-2008, 07:32 AM
All credits will be on all cards. So, anyone can use their card to "pay" for a meal.

This means for example, if you send your kids out for the day, they can use all the snack credits for a week without realizing this. And I mean ALL your snack credits for everyone in the room. There isn't a number set aside for each card.

I believe the receipt shows remaining credits.

gerald72
09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't know if all the receipts show how many credits you have remaining.
I bought a snack at a stand and it didn't show that number on the receipt, but the CM running the stand saw that I was looking for that information and was able to tell by running the card.

disneygeek84
09-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Do you have one room, or two? Last time we went (3/07) it was per room. If it's still that way (they may have changed it to per group instead, I'm not sure) then if your older kids are in a different room, then all of theirs will be on their room cards, and then the rest of your family's will be on your room...again, this may have changed.

As far as how many you have left...whatever meal you're buying...TS, CS, snack...at the bottom of the receipt it will tell you how many of that meal you have left. So, if you go to a CS place, then at the bottom of that receipt it will tell you how many CS credits you have left. If you need to know how many of each you can go to the front desk and they can print you out how many you have left of all of them. And like the PP mentioned, be careful about your family spending too many snack credits. My dad did this on our last trip. He just kept getting snacks and wasn't keeping count of whether or not they were his (we had non-family on this trip that had paid their own way :blush:). Luckily they didn't care, but your little ones might not be too happy if they can't get a Mickey bar because another family member spent too many snack credits a few days before.

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2008, 02:03 PM
1) The DDP coupons are credited per room.
2) All key cards in the room have access to the coupons.
3) The exception is a connecting room, where coupons are pooled for both rooms.
4) In that case, all coupons are available to any key card.
5) Even key cards without "charging privileges" can use DDP coupons.

NOTE: For connecting rooms, all key cards open all doors and all DDP coupons.

homeschool mom
09-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the help. I hope I understand this - all DDP credits for a party of 7 for 6 days (42 TS, 42 CS, 42 snacks) will be on each person's KTTW card. So if I send my 3 teen DDs to the parks alone (not happening) and they decide to treat some cute guys to mickey ice cream they could theoretically use up all of our snack credits. LOL! Just checking and yes, we will have 2 rooms.

8 days and counting! :number1:

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2008, 06:10 PM
. . . if I send my 3 teen DDs to the parks alone (not happening) and they decide to treat some cute guys to mickey ice cream they could theoretically use up all of our snack credits. LOL!

Yes.

MM mommy
09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I have a question too, since this is the first time doing a dining plan. Our situation is a little more complicated. We are doing a split stay that starts with free dining. When we switch hotels we lose the free dining plan. So, I was wondering when the credits expire? You see the credits will begin the first night we are there. If we don't use them that first night,can we use them the day we move to the other hotel? Sorry if my question is confusing.:mickey:

wdw_bound
09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a question too, since this is the first time doing a dining plan. Our situation is a little more complicated. We are doing a split stay that starts with free dining. When we switch hotels we lose the free dining plan. So, I was wondering when the credits expire? You see the credits will begin the first night we are there. If we don't use them that first night,can we use them the day we move to the other hotel? Sorry if my question is confusing.:mickey:

You have until midnight of the day you check out from the room with DDP. We added a room only onto the last night of our last trip. Still had 2 CS credits per person. Used them for lunch and supper during the day. The following morning, we paid cash for our food.

why4k
09-08-2008, 04:53 AM
TS and CS remaining show up on your receipt. Snacks remaining do not show up on your receipt, but as PP stated, the cast member serving you can tell you.