PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating an "un-birthday"

homeschool mom
09-05-2008, 06:58 AM
We are leaving for WDW one week from today. :party: Our original plan was to go now to take advantage of the free DDP, upgrade to APs while there and go again in the spring to celebrate DD#1's high school graduation, DD#2's 16th birthday, and our 20th anniv. After talking to DH last evening, for many reasons - work schedule, family wedding, $$ - it looks like a spring trip will not happen in 2009.

I'm ok with not going in the spring, and so is our oldest DD, but DD #2 really wants to celebrate birthday 16 at WDW on (or near) her actual birthdate. (She's mildly retarded and when she gets something in her mind, it's hard to change it.)

My question is this, have you ever celebrated a birthday at WDW when it's not the actual birthdate? I'm afraid it will seem kind of odd for her and for us. We wouldn't have gone right on her birthday next year anyway due to DH's work schedule, but it would have been a lot closer to the date. I know WDW won't know whether or not it's her actual birthday. DH doesn't like the idea, but I think it could work. We are eating at 1900 Park Fare for dinner on our last day and she loves Cinderella so I thought if we could celebrate her birthday there it may make up for not being able to go in the spring.

What do you think? Sorry this is so long.

8 days and counting! :mickey:

Claudielou
09-05-2008, 07:46 AM
We are celebrating our April 40th anniversary at DW in just two weeks! We are going to wear the anniversary pins and everything. :party: I would say go for it and have a ball:number1:

Madame Leona
09-05-2008, 07:56 AM
I celebrate half birthdays with my kids. Will it be close enough to call it her 15.5 birthday? I really don't see anything wrong with celebrating her birthday at a different time.

3AMommy
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
We are going tomorrow and because we couldn't get reservations over my son's birthdays at the end of this month, we are celebrating their birthdays this week.

I took some Mouse Ears and decorated them with slick paint and wrote It's My Birthday on them. We are also packing crepe paper streamers, balloons, and a special birthday card for each boy.

Sometimes you just can't be there on your special day, but that is no reason not to party when you can!!:party:

I say go...have a great time!

And a Very Merry Un-Birthday to your Daughter!
3AMommy:thumbsup:

disneygeek84
09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Are the Mad Hatter and Alice at 1900 Park Fair for dinner? If so, then it would be more than appropriated to celebrate her un-birthday with them!

My DH and I are leaving tomorrow and I fully plan on wearing anniversary buttons while we're there. Our anniversary is in June, but after going to WDW for our honeymoon, I vowed to never go in June ever again. So we planned the trip for Sept and are taking advantage of free dining.

So I really don't see a problem with you celebrating her birthday early, as long as it doesn't confuse her any.

ThanxForNoticin
09-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Disney says there are 364 un-birthdays every year, and we should celebrate them all...!! Go, celebrate, and have a great time!

azdisneymom
09-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I celebrated my 50th birthday 3 months early. I told everyone and even wore a birthday badge. Go, have fun and celebrate. Don't think twice about it not being the actual day.