PDA

View Full Version : How would this work?

kakn7294
09-05-2008, 01:59 AM
DD's HS band is planning a trip in March and staying off-site (stupid plan!). We are going at the same time but will stay on-property, room only. Those in charge of the band trip won't allow DD to stay on-site with us. We probably want to stay 1 or 2 days longer than the band's trip provided that DD can stay behind with us when the band leaves. Can we add her to our room part-way into the trip? Or can we add her right from the beginning even though she won't actually be staying in the room so she can have a card for charging purposes? Will she need to actually be present when we check-in or add her to the room? I ask because we've never had a CM ask to see the kids at check-in - they go watch tv across the lobby. Adding her on does not change the pricing (she's 13) nor does it put us over the room limit (she makes the 4th person). I'm not trying to cheat the system and I think I already know the answers but I'm looking for some confirmation here! BTW, for anyone who might think it, she can't use the room card for EMHs while she stays with the band because she has to adhere to the band's curfews and schedule.

DizneyRox
09-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Two ways of doing it...

a. They will need to be on the reservation for the entire trip and you will be charged accordingly. If on the dining plan, they will also have that the entire stay. They will also need to purchase the same ticket as everyone in the room. Those are if you are on a package.
b. You can book two reservations, one for the stay without them, one for the stay with them. Will probably require a check out/check in visit, but it's a way to get around having to pay for a ticket and dining plan for days they will be unable to use it. However, now those that are there the entire stay will need TWO MYW tickets of at least 1 day in length.

kakn7294
09-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Two ways of doing it...

a. They will need to be on the reservation for the entire trip and you will be charged accordingly. If on the dining plan, they will also have that the entire stay. They will also need to purchase the same ticket as everyone in the room. Those are if you are on a package.
b. You can book two reservations, one for the stay without them, one for the stay with them. Will probably require a check out/check in visit, but it's a way to get around having to pay for a ticket and dining plan for days they will be unable to use it. However, now those that are there the entire stay will need TWO MYW tickets of at least 1 day in length.To clarify, we are AP holders so we don't need tickets. We are staying room-only so no dining plan. Therefore, I assume from what's said here that she can be on my reservation the entire trip even if she will not be staying in my room? I will not be charged any extra because I have nothing beyond the room to pay for and she's a child as far as the room is concerned. This would work out perfectly if I can do this!

disneymom15
09-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I would just put her on the room ressie from the start.

ThanxForNoticin
09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Therefore, I assume from what's said here that she can be on my reservation the entire trip even if she will not be staying in my room? I will not be charged any extra because I have nothing beyond the room to pay for and she's a child as far as the room is concerned. This would work out perfectly if I can do this!

I think what you are looking to do is completely legit. Since she is not an adult, there would not be any additional charge. And if she only stays in the room part of the time, that should be a non-issue. Have a great time!

kakn7294
09-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all the replies! It's not the response I expected. I thought I would be told I couldn't add her until she was actually staying with us. This is what I want to do though - it works out much better!

DizneyRox
09-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes, in your case with no dining plan or ticket needs, add her for the entire stay. You'll get an extra KTTW card at checkin, so just store that in a safe place for when you need it.