PDA

View Full Version : Pin Code for Free Dining for Nov & Dec

Irish_TinkerBell
09-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know to check your emails. I received an email today from Disney Destinations with an offer for free dining for these dates 9/28/08-10/11/08, 11/9/08-11/22/08 and 12/14/08-12/20/08 in a standard room. I am booked for Nov 12-19 so I forwarded it to my TA Debbie from Magical Journeys and she was able to use it, and it saved me another $175.00 :woohoo: and moved me into a preferred room...Debbie is the best:thanks:

mshomeschoolmom
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
How does free dining work? I will be in WDW during those dates.

Bringonthemouse!
09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
I received this email also but there was no pin code to apply......it just seemed to be an advertisement, although it was personalized with our last name.:confused: I hope we can use it!

eas423
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM
That's awesome!!

EyeLuvDisney
09-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Do you have to receive the email to use the pin? If so, how do you get on the email list?

I have signed up for any and all emails I could possibly find over the years.

If no email pin is required, then what is the code for reservation?

Trey

Irish_TinkerBell
09-05-2008, 05:34 AM
The pin code is at the bottom of the page, in the last paragraph. I read it 2 times before I noticed my pin code :blush:

This is the first time I ever received any pin code from Disney, and as far as I know it's the first time they have offered free dining during these dates. As of right now you do need the pin code for the free dining discount. If I were you and had a trip planned for any of those dates, I would call Disney and see if you have a pin code under your email address :thumbsup:

Gregandmel
09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm listed to be there during that time as well. Booked through AAA. Can someone tell me how to get a pin code?? I've signed up for different things through Disney, but must not have gotten onto the one that has this Pin Code offer. I swear - I've missed out on every single "special" offer during this time!!! Would, of course, love to take advantage of something like this. HOw can I take advantage of this? Thanks!!!!!!

Bringonthemouse!
09-05-2008, 07:57 AM
The pin code is at the bottom of the page, in the last paragraph. I read it 2 times before I noticed my pin code :blush:

Thank you... I re-read it this morning and finally found the PIN code also:blush:
This is a first for me also, I am on every email list Disney has and I FINALLY received a PIN code... YEAH.:thumbsup:

Bringonthemouse!
09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm listed to be there during that time as well. Booked through AAA. Can someone tell me how to get a pin code?? I've signed up for different things through Disney, but must not have gotten onto the one that has this Pin Code offer. I swear - I've missed out on every single "special" offer during this time!!! Would, of course, love to take advantage of something like this. HOw can I take advantage of this? Thanks!!!!!!

Disney emails out PIN codes completely randomly. Trust me, I feel your pain. It took me more than 3 years to receive this offer (or any offer for that matter), but many Intercotees receive them frequently... it is just the luck of the draw. Check your junk mail box also, my Disney emails went there when I started receiving them. Good luck!

Tinkerbella16
09-05-2008, 10:28 AM
We are going 11/9 - 11/15, but didn't get the email. What a bummer! That would've been awesome to get free dining for our trip! I am still going to watch my email all day.

disneyfan328
09-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I got the same email but mine says only for nights 9/28 - 10/11??? then it says to book by 10/11? I don't see anywhere that lists that other dates from the OP and I thought that disney didn't offer FD at any other times of year?
I so want to go but can't use this right now. We are looking to go next year and I would love to be able to wait until october to do it the humidity is hard for me and DS due to severe asthma.

Oh well here's hoping that maybe I'll get it next year.

megustamex
09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Has anyone ever been able to get this offer without the pin code? For instance, can you call and tell them that you know there is an offer out there for free dining during those dates and try and get it without a pin code?

Tinkerbella16
09-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Has anyone ever been able to get this offer without the pin code? For instance, can you call and tell them that you know there is an offer out there for free dining during those dates and try and get it without a pin code?

Was wondering the same thing! Hopefully someone knows...or maybe I'll just try to call myself and give it a shot.

Gregandmel
09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I just called my TA and she said she called Disney and was told that if you are scheduled to be there those dates, then you can book for NEXT year at that time with the free dining. I think it may be a bounce back offer?? She was given the impression that it did NOT apply to current reservations during those time frames. Hmmm.....I'm confused.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I thought bounce back offers were generally offers that were only available while you were on resort property, and not something received in the mail.

Unfortunately PIN code offers are just that -"PIN Codes". They can only be used by the person who received the mailing/emailing and whose name is associated with the code. PIN Codes are not like general codes were you can call Disney and say "I want to book under code "FXE" and get free dining.

I received the PIN Code for the offer prior to this one, but I would much rather have the free dining, as my AAA discount could be used for the room and the PIN code for dining. Alas, I have not received anything as of yet.

Tinkerbella16
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
That would be weird if it is a bounceback offer. Irish_Tinkerbell got the pin code added to her existing reservation for those dates.

Hmmmm...something is not right :confused:

megustamex
09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
So, just to clarify- you randomly get sent these pin codes just by signing up to receive emails on the Disney site? I looked today and it looks like you just click the link on the home page, they take your email address and that's it. Is that correct?

Irish_TinkerBell
09-05-2008, 06:43 PM
That would be weird if it is a bounceback offer. Irish_Tinkerbell got the pin code added to her existing reservation for those dates.

Hmmmm...something is not right :confused:

It's not a bounceback offer. I filled out a form back in Feb on Disney Destinations website, because I wanted the DVD they gave you, and one question was when do you plan on going back to WDW...I said November (because of soap weekend) and the email they sent me yesterday said "We’re so excited to hear you’re thinking about taking another Walt Disney World® Resort vacation this November" I really do think it's just a random...keep checking your emails...

Bringonthemouse!
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
So, just to clarify- you randomly get sent these pin codes just by signing up to receive emails on the Disney site? I looked today and it looks like you just click the link on the home page, they take your email address and that's it. Is that correct?

You got it!
I signed up for everything Disney has to offer... Disney.com, Disneyweddings.com etc. Whenever Disney asked for my email, I gave it. I don't know if it increased my chances of receiving a PIN code or not but I figured it sure couldn't hurt :D
Good luck!

eas423
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM
I got one in my email tonight!! I wish we could turnaround and go back, but it's probably not going to happen!

mudpuppysmom
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I called today to ask about the free dining PIN code I got and when I called the number listed it asked me if I had visited one or more times since 2003 and then it asked me if I had visited more that five times in my lifetime......I answered yes to both and then it asked me for THE PIN CODE!!! So, I'm guressing that maybe there was a little bit to this getting the code???

Maybe I'm just analyzing it too much and having wishful thinking???

Anyway, I could not convince my sister that she would spend $700 plus on food for the week we are there, so she did not want to change our ressies at AKL (plus we would have had to adjust our dates by a week)......I think she is going to be surprised by how much you spend on food!!

Anyway, just some thinking on how Disney sent this PIN code out.

disneyfan328
09-10-2008, 09:46 AM
I am still curious if all of these pin code offers that went out were for the same date range as the one that I got was different than the OP.

Were everyone's the same?

Bringonthemouse!
09-10-2008, 09:54 AM
My email states three seperate dates:
9/28 to 10/11
11/9 to 11/22 my travel dates...YEAH!
12/14 to 12/20

DisneyMomma23
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I am still curious if all of these pin code offers that went out were for the same date range as the one that I got was different than the OP.

Were everyone's the same?

mine states only for the dates of 9/28 - 10/11. doesn't say anything about the two other times.

elmjimmlm
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I got mine yesterday and I miss it by 8 days!!!
Is it just me or are there more discounts now than in years past? Dont get me wrong I love it but I wonder if that means that attendance is down?

mudpuppysmom
09-10-2008, 03:48 PM
My email states three seperate dates:
9/28 to 10/11
11/9 to 11/22 my travel dates...YEAH!
12/14 to 12/20

Mine were for these dates also......however we're going Dec 10-16, so we can't really use them. I even tried to move our dates around a little, but my sister decided it was not a good fit for her to use the dining plan......she doesn't think that she will spend more than $700 for food.....which is how much more it would cost us to add on the dining plan and tickets for her family of four for the week (we're going to buy tickets at SOG instead). I guess she is going to see how much food actually does cost there!!