PDA

View Full Version : Best Deluxe?

Gregandmel
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I know this has been posted, but out of the 4 Deluxe resorts (I think there's 4) which is your personal favorite?

tink'72
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
AKL WAY:cloud9:

Laura670
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't have to give this a second thought AKL

luv_cinderella
09-04-2008, 08:12 PM
There are 8 Deluxe hotels...

but we vote for AKL also! :thumbsup:

FTDW Poly 08
09-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Man, Grand Floridian is so awfully nice AND impressive. They know how to treat you there.

DisneyorBust
09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
For me, it is the Polynesian. Love the resort 'feel', some of the other Disney deluxe resorts felt like a regular hotel, nice but but nothing special to me.

pamickeys
09-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Haven't stayed at them all yet--that's the plan but Yacht seems to be our favorite. You can't beat the location.

Darbylew
09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
We have only stayed at AKL and it was great.
The lobby is really something to see. I think I
would like GF. I do love the moderates as we
are not in the rooms very long. We spend most
of our time in the parks. :mickey:

Goofy Forever
09-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I also vote for AKL!!!:D

SBETigg
09-06-2008, 12:30 PM
The Grand Floridian.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
09-06-2008, 12:55 PM
:mickey:Love Poly--just makes me happy to even walk into the lobby, great pool areas and rooms are a good size.
Also love BC and YC--great resorts and you can't beat walking to Epcot and Studios.

AllDisney
09-06-2008, 01:25 PM
So far, AKL is our favorite. We hope to stay at Poly in the near future and I think once we stay there that will then be our favorite.

RobWreck
09-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Although it's been a LOOOONG time since I've stayed there, it's got to be POLY for the win! IMO, if you're going Deluxe, then the Monorail is key, and of the 3 monorail resorts, the Poly is the most fun and relaxed... the GF just feels too stuffy to enjoy walking around in a tank top and shorts, while the CR just doesn't have much of a theme/feel to it...
Rob

Disneyfamilyof3
09-06-2008, 04:48 PM
The Yacht Club.:thumbsup: A bit quieter than the Beach Club, and IMO, cleaner. But, YC has all the same amenities as the Beach Club: the great restaurants, Stormalong Bay, a few minutes walk to Epcot , or a 15 minute walk to DHS. I also like hanging out at the Boardwalk area across the water; taking a boat to DHS, or walking through Epcot and taking the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

I loved AKL, too. Worst thing about it (for me) was having to take the bus to get everywhere as opposed to other deluxe resorts that offer the Monorail or boat service.

I've never stayed at the Poly or The Grand Floridian; but those will eventually be on our list. We, like many WDW fans, want to experience all of the resorts eventually.

mickeymousedabomb
09-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Akl All The Way. Atmosphere, Smell, Whole Feel Is Something Hard To Beat!!

playdead88
09-07-2008, 11:16 AM
so far we have stayed at the BC, BW and WL so from experience i would have to pick WL as our favorite - that said we just bought into AKV so i am hoping that by may of 09 we will have a new favorite at AK :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
The Poly! You can't beat the location, Hawaiian atmosphere, and great restaurants. The view of MK from the beach is so cozy, and watching the electrical water pageant at night is great. Ahhh...HEAVEN!

Jasper
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
The vote at our house would be evenly split between the Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian. For us as it is with so many other it is all about the theme.

If you are using this information to choose a resort for an upcoming vacation it is important to remember that all of the resorts at each price point, Value, Moderate, Deluxe, offer reasonably similar amenities. Oh sure, there are some differences such as being on the monorail or not and things like that. But, as a general rule unless money is no object, most people look at the resorts within a particular group as being reasonably similar. The largest difference really comes in the theme.

So what I always recommend to friends and family when they ask me about what resort to stay at is to choose the one in the price point you are willing to pay that has the theme that appeals the most to you and the other members of your party. Remember, it is important to talk to the others in your party and to encourage people who are in the minority to try to compromise graciously.