PDA

View Full Version : Universal Horror Nights...is it worth it?

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
My DH wants to go on our upcoming trip this Oct. For those of you have been is it worth it?

What should I expect?

How much time does it take?

What other attractions are operating?

I know I have a lot of questions. Thanks for your help.

chrisb26
09-07-2008, 10:53 AM
We went last year and had alot of fun! I would say its worth and and would go again.

If you are actually going to have a regular park admission for the day you can get a discount on the HN ticket price depending on what day you go. If you don't go during the day the price is the same for every night. However you can purchase a ticket for the same price as a regular Horror Nights ticket a ticket that will get you into several nights.

There are alot of haunted houses. I think last year there were 8 or 9. They were all done very well and unlike most haunted houses i've seen they were actually good. They also have a few shows. There is a magic show, Bill and Tedds excellent Halloween adventure, and The Rocky Horror Picture show tribute.

As far as how long it will take I guess it probably depends on when you go. Meaning the crowds. We went on a Thursday night and there were not many people there so we got it all done in a single night. It might be a bit more difficult if there are alot of people.

I think most of the rides were open I don't remeber many that weren't open. Possibly the Terminator show since it uses live actors but other then that I think most were open.

I hope I answered all your questions :)

NJGIRL
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes it is definately worth it but keep in mind it is very scary. Children under 10-12 should not go. It takes all night long and plan on being there before the start because it is very crowded.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the info!

WDWfanatic742
09-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking that we might be getting in too deep with this one. We are getting up there on Halloween day and will be attending Halloween night. I just hope that we will be able to do a couple houses and maybe a show or two with the amount of crowds that I think will be there that night.