PDA

View Full Version : Best Room(s)-Beach Club

246belgrade
09-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Can anyone give any feedback for a nice room at the Beach Club? We reserved a standard room. We have two kids ages 9 and 7 and have never been to the BC or WDW for that matter. Thanks.

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Any room at BC is great. The better rooms have a balcony overlooking the water and boardwalk, but you can't really go wrong at BC. Ideally though, ask for a room with a balcony and ask for a room close to the main lobby, as some of the rooms are way down the hall

TammiMcMan
09-04-2008, 10:48 PM
While all the rooms are nice, a majority of the standard view rooms do overlook the parking lot and balcony size varies greatly.

If you want to ensure a full size balcony, I would ask for something on the 1st floor and for a decent view, request something by the "quiet" pool. Many times, rooms aren't pre-assigned at the deluxe resorts, so I would suggest that you ask again at check-in. They try to get you into a room when you arrive, so they'll pull from available inventory. There could be a better room available, but either the previous guest hasn't checked out yet, or housekeeping hasn't had an opportunity to clean it. If you're willing to wait a little while, they may be able to get you into a room that fits your requests.

Maryln8
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
All the rooms are great. We stayed at the Yacht Club and they upgraded us to a room with a view of the bay without charge! Are you going at peak? If not ask for an upgrade. The pool is fantastic. You will love everthing about the resort and WDW. Have fun.

246belgrade
09-07-2008, 11:56 AM
We are going off peak time. I feel a little strange about asking for an upgrade? How do the hotel staff respond to that? Is it a turnoff??

TammiMcMan
09-07-2008, 12:32 PM
We are going off peak time. I feel a little strange about asking for an upgrade? How do the hotel staff respond to that? Is it a turnoff??Based on conversations with CM's, some feel it's more magical to give an upgrade to an unsuspecting family and do get turn offed by those who come right out and ask for something free. It's kind of a tricky situation, because the hotel industry in general is used to that, either because of points or repeat guests, people have no problem asking what else is available and they're happy to check. Disney is a bit different though, but when they do give surprise upgrades, you could go all the way from standard to club level.

You just may want to word it better and ask about the best view in the standard category, or ask about the price difference if you wanted to upgrade to a water view. If they quote you the rack rate difference, you can always say no thank you and there isn't that awkward moment. If you're lucky, they may appreciate your offer to pay and offer a discount or give it to you as a complimentary upgrade.

Jarrod
09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
We always book a Standard View at the BC, and we always fax a request 5 days before arrival for a 1st floor room close to the quiet pool (not an upgrade). We like this because it is the closest entrance coming back from Epcot and no waiting for elevator, plus we love to hang out at the quiet pool. So far, we have been upgraded to a Water view everytime we have done this with no mention of it being an upgrade or any additional cost. Some trips we have had an unobstructed view of the lagoon, and some trips we have just had a view of the quiet pool. We have never asked for an upgrade per se, and have always been very modest in the room request that we made.

The Castmembers that have checked us in have always been very cordial and have never acted as if they did not appreciate us requested a certain type room. A few times they have even told us they were happy they could meet our request, etc.

We also usually travel off-peak. You are going to love the BC/YC and stormalong bay is awsome!

KAT1811
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
You just may want to word it better and ask about the best view in the standard category, or ask about the price difference if you wanted to upgrade to a water view. If they quote you the rack rate difference, you can always say no thank you and there isn't that awkward moment. If you're lucky, they may appreciate your offer to pay and offer a discount or give it to you as a complimentary upgrade.

That is a wonderful way of not really asking but asking. It may decrese the awkwardness you may feel.

My only advice is to ask for a full balcony, we were there in 2003 (we arrived 9/11 which was still a very quiet travel time and before "free dining") our first room had a standing only balcony and when I went back down to the front desk to request a room with a full balcony they were nore than happy to oblige. We also had connecting rooms with another family which we were also able to keep, they moved us both. Why they put us in those rooms to begin with is beyond me (the resort was extremely quiet, we had breakfast one morning at Cape May all by ourselves, we werethe only people in the entire restaurant, it was great they characters had no one else to pay attention to besides us. Goofy stayed with us almost our entire breakfast!