PDA

View Full Version : ID info for Kids

PlanningMom
09-04-2008, 02:37 PM
I got a lanyard for each of the kids that are going with us-my two boys and my sister's two boys--to have to put their fastpasses and also to keep their pins on.

I am going to have an id card-about the size of a business card- laminated in each one with the parents' phone numbers and our resort name.

Can you think of anything that I should or shouldn't put on the card? I just thought if they get lost from us and get confused, they have that with them. Especially my DS, who is only 5.

Thanks, guys!!:mickey:

jpH/keD
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
That sounds like a great plan. I used the stretchy bracelets when we went w/ our cell #s on them. My DD7 and my DS4 wore them each day!

The only suggestion I have for your DS5 is that you tell him to go to someone who has a Disney uniform on if he gets lost. I know most moms would help any child but one can never be too careful in this world!

My DD7 got confused coming out of the bathroom at WL when we went there for dinner at WCC and she went right to the front lobby desk to find us!

Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

gerald72
09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I would put the resort name, but not the room number.
Will his Key to the World card be in the lanyard, too? The whole lanyard could get lost (hey, you know kids) and someone would have access to the whole room.
But I think lanyards are a great idea, especially for the kids. They are easy access and relatively hard to lose. Although my guys had a habit of taking them off for every ride and storing them under the seats. Not something you want to lose.

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
We have used ID "tags" in the past. I put my name and my cell phone number on it. I don't remember any other information I may have put on them. My kids never needed them, then last year, when I forgot to do the ID tags, my oldest son got lost at Gaylor Palms hotel. He approached an adult with children (I always tell my kids that if they get lost try to find an adult woman with children with her) and told them my cell phone number. The only problem there is that although he knows my cell phone number, he had no idea what an area code was so my phone number was of no use to him all the way in Florida. So for any of you who teach your children your phone numbers in case they get lost, remember to teach them the area code in case they get lost when you are far away from home.

ryca1dreams
09-04-2008, 11:52 PM
At WDW you're fairly safe doing this. I found a lost kid once in MK and he had nothing on him as far as parent's phone number, etc. So we found a cast member and waited until a frantic mom came running back.

I would keep it simple - parent's name, cell phone number.

Anywhere else, I don't think I would recommend advertising your kid's name/parent's name/phone number. It makes them more readily susceptible to predators. If you do, hide it on them somewhere.

g8rgirl29
09-05-2008, 09:19 PM
We are using temporary tattoos this year. They have different cute designs, comes with a marker and they say "If lost call " and a place for you to write in your cell number. They run about $10 for 6 tattoos. They claim they will stay on for 5 days, I'll be happy with 2-3 days each. We will also have her key to the world card in her fanny pack and will be discussing safe places/people to go to if separated.

DisneyWFan
09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
We are using temporary tattoos this year. They have different cute designs, comes with a marker and they say "If lost call " and a place for you to write in your cell number. They run about $10 for 6 tattoos. They claim they will stay on for 5 days, I'll be happy with 2-3 days each. We will also have her key to the world card in her fanny pack and will be discussing safe places/people to go to if separated.

Did you find theese on the web or in a national store I (as well as a few other parents) would love to know where to get them

g8rgirl29
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I found them on the web by doing a search for "lost child temporary tattoos". I used My Precious Kid site to order mine and everything came pretty quickly. They also sell Lost child with Autism tattoos and Nut Allergy tattoos along with many other child safety items. If you can't find them just PM me and I will forward the link to you, not sure if I could post it.

Mickey378
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
We are going to use whos shoes Id. It's a velcro band that attaches to your child's shoes. On the tag there's a spot for name and cell #

kakn7294
09-08-2008, 01:13 AM
My DDs' carry cross-body bags or fanny packs that they almost never take off so I made laminated cards with their name, our names, my cell #, and which resort (but not the room). Since they carried them inside their bags, I felt relatively safe with all this info. However, if they are carrying lanyards with the clear plastic pouches, I would make sure that the info is covered so it's not visible to everyone. Also, make sure the kids know the info is there and that they have to show it to a CM as the CM's are not supposed to touch the kids.