PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Honeymoon PreTrip Report!

DreaminofDisney24
09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
This will be my first pretrip report ever, so bear with me!
Cast:
Me! 26-I love Disney, but have never been to Disney World (just Disneyland for a day trip last year). I have been planning this trip since I was old enough to know what Disney World was-in fact, when I babysat kids and put them to bed, I would watch all of their disney vacation and planning videos!

DH-26-Has been to Disney World before, when he was young, so this is kinda a new "first time" for him too!

When-Sept.12-21

Where-WL

A background story...If you noticed, I am already married, but am calling this our honeymoon. My husband and I will be married 4 years this coming October, but have never had a honeymoon! A few months before our wedding, my husband was diagnosed with Crohns disease. It had gotten so bad, that he was at Johns Hopkins for several weeks with his crohns, a blood infection, a urinary tract infection, a mouth fungus and a few other ailments! Needless to say, we didn't even know if he would be able to stand on our wedding day! We had to cancel our two week honeymoon to England:( Well, our wedding day came, and my husband was able to be there, even though he had a pic (sp?) line that sent food and such to his heart, hidden beneath his tux! Ha! Our wedding night consisted of snuggling in our apartment, while a bag of food was pumped through his body, and I had to do several things for him that I won't mention, but that the home nurse had taught me!
We decided on our year anniversary to go away again...well, we went away, and it rained so hard that cars were floating down the streets and all we could do was see a movie. We tried again a couple of months later and DH got food poisening. Tried again later-engine died and we were towed all the way back to MD. Tried again a couple months later-hurricane (we were going to camp). We have never gotten to go anywhere alone together-which is why we are so very, very excited to take this honeymoon...just four years later!

We are staying 10 days at the WL and will be parkhopping with free dining. We'll be seeing Cirque De Soleil, eating at Cindy's castle for dinner, and attending MNSSHP on the 16th. I am so excited, this truly is a dream come true for me:cloud9:. But, I apologize ahead of time for any freak accidents, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, mudslides, or apocolypses that may occur the 12-21st...you'll just know that we're in town:secret:

ChipnDaleGal
09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Well if a couple ever deserved to have a nice WDW honeymoon, it certainly sounds like you and your husband qualify. Goodness you have had some bad luck. But I can feel the tide turning for you. If those darn hurricanes can stay away from WDW I think you will get the trip that you have been dreaming of. The Wilderness Lodge is so romantic and gorgeous - excellant choice for a delayed honeymoon. I hope you both have fun and enjoy discovering all that a WDW vacation can be. Please let us know how things go.

To all faithful readers here in the Trip Report Forum... lets brew up a big batch of Intercot :pixie: dust for these two!!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

DizNee143
09-04-2008, 11:11 AM
i hope you two have a wonderful time!!! you both really deserve this well needed vacay!! have a blast!! cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!! :mickey:

Disneyfun
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

This sounds like a great trip! I wish you and your DH a spectacular time. You couldn't have chosen a better resort to spend your honeymoon at!

Make sure to let the CM at the check-in desk know that you are on your honeymoon. They will give you a set of buttons that you definetly should wear throughout your trip!
Also be sure to let the restaurants that you eat at know about your honeymoon - especially Cinderella's Royal Table. Many do special things for guests celebrating and they particularly favor honeymoons!

tinkerbell04
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I hope you have a fantastic trip! It sounds like you really deserve it :) :pixie: for safe travels!

Lizzie
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Hope you guys have a great trip.

RedSoxFan
09-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I hope you both have a wonderful honeymoon.:mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-04-2008, 07:39 PM
:pixie:Have a FANTASTIC time at Disney. They will make it magical for you both. And the Wilderness Lodge is amazing. My husband and I have stayed there twice and loved every minute if it. It's a beautiful hotel inside and out and the food is amazing. We'll be heading back there on this years trip. We'll be celebrating our 11 year anniversary at Artist Point, the signature restaurant at WL. The food is amazing there. We are so looking forward to the trip. We're celebrating our anniversay a little later this year. (actual date 10/18th ) We wanted to be down at Disney for Thanksgiving into early Decemeber to see all the XMAS decorations and MVMCP.
Again, I hope both you and your husband have a memoriable time at my favorite vacation spot. Both my husband and I have been going to Disney ever since our honeymoon back in 1997 at the Contmeporary Resort, and have been loving every trip that has come our way. I hope you have many years of happiness as my husband and I have together. Enjoy yourselves and say Hi to SULLEY for me!!!!!!!! :sulley:Give me a report on how you liked the Lodge.:yay:

Next trip: Noveber 24th thru Decemebr 5th
( POP Century resort ):turkey::santa:

Momof2boys
09-05-2008, 02:23 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Happy (and safe) Honeymooning ! Hopefully this time brings better luck :)

laward32
09-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I hope luck will be on your side this time. Have a wonderful honeymoon.:mickey:

brewcrew26
09-06-2008, 11:34 AM
OMG! Have a magical trip! I can't wait to read all about it!

faline
09-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh goodness! I'm cetainly keeping my fingers crossed that Disney magic will come through for you and you are finally having the amazing honeymoon you deserve!