PDA

View Full Version : AAA on Packages??

WDW Addict
09-03-2008, 09:47 PM
We want to book a 7 night package with the Magic your Way plus dining deluxe option. Can we apply AAA discount to the package or is AAA for room only reservations? Thanks

caryrae
09-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Not sure if I am right but I think you can only apply a AAA discount to a room-only and to get a package you need to go through AAA not sure if they give a discount for a package or not. I got a good deal on a AAA room-only reservation.

I highly recommend going to magical journeys and fill out a qoute form you can include you AAA number in the form. They will find the best deal for you and it's free. http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/ they will continue to watch out for better deals if any pop up and let you know about it. They are very easy to use.

Also I was told to go ahead and book a room-only with my AAA discount and if Disney comes out with a package deal later that makes it a better deal than the AAA discount they can change it.

bcornette
09-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Going directly through AAA does have some nice advantages, especially if you will be driving to the parks. The AAA Diamond parking is the best thing ever if you drive to the parks especially if you have children. You get to park in a designated area just past the handicapped parking section, no need to ever take a parking lot tram.

You can also go to a special storytime event with a princess. But the parking space is only major benefit.

CleveRocks
09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Here was my experience ....

I booked a two room-only reservations (split stay) through Disney, using an AAA discount. I then called my local AAA office to price how much tickets would cost if I bought them at that office.

Then I went to that office and sat with a travel agent, to price an AAA package booked through her (well, a package for the first part of the split-stay, and then still room-only for the second). I brought all of my numbers with me. The AAA TA told me that if I booked the package (and also the subsequent room-only) through her it would cost me $15 MORE than my current plans of two room-only reservations booked directly with Disney using an AAA discount and my retail purchase of tickets at the front desk of the AAA office.

So of course, I'm gonna stick with my original plans ... maintaining full control of my reservation AND saving $15.

kakn7294
09-04-2008, 08:27 AM
You can book a room-only AAA discount directly with Disney or through any other TA (I recommend Karen at MJ). If you want a package, you must book that through a TA at AAA. The discount that you receive will be on the room-only but you will have the ability to add on the package components such as dining. In my experience, the AAA package had to be paid in full 60 days before check-in.

pamickeys
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM
The AAA discount is for the room only. We always book through the same agent we have had for years at AAA. Really like to book the entire package through them because you also get their insurance. Had our agent do a price comparison booking Dolphin using the nurses discount--you can't book a AAA package with the disct. Everything had to be booked separately and it's no longer a AAA package. The total cost with air, accommodations, transportation and insurance was only a difference of $19. We like to have AAA take care of everything for us, our agent always gets us the best deal not to mention the security of having our trip booked through them. If there's a problem or a mix up we just call our agent and it's resolved quickly. This has proved to be beneficial in the past. With the responsibilities of work and family booking through AAA is nice. Just tell them what we want, they do all the work and everything is taken care of for us. :cloud9:

WDW Addict
09-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. We called to have them price a package for us at a Villa and all 3 places we checked were booked for the week. We are trying to find a new place now :mickey: