PDA

View Full Version : Jogging track at Pop?

ryca1dreams
09-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know if the walkway at the Pop Century around the Hourglass Lake actually goes all the way around the lake for jogging? I looked on Google Earth and it didn't look like it did.

If not, is it still the best place for running or is there a better place? It looked like about 1.5 miles to me, back and forth (including the bridge) - does that sound about right?

disneymom15
09-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Good question! I'd like to know the answer to that also. Husband and I both run, and we're staying at POP in Dec, maybe we'll have to pack running clothes.

Bringonthemouse!
09-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I just pulled out our resort map from last Dec. and it looks as though your best bet is back and forth along memory lane. The path begins along the 50's parking lot and ends at he far end of the 70's parking lot. From what I can remember the path to the legendary years ends as soon as you cross the Generation Gap bridge
This is the map (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg) I am looking at. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Flash
09-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Go to www.disneyrunning.com

They have resort route maps and distances

EpcotNut
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
When we were there in 06 we saw several people jogging on memory lane. I don't think the route around the lake was an option. I would say that disneyrunning.com is your best bet, though.:thumbsup:

wjrhw
09-04-2008, 07:42 AM
A few weeks ago I jogged at POP. I started off around Generation Gap Bridge and jogged toward the 50's section. Once there I jogged outlined the parking lot all the way around to the 90's, then went back to the Generation Gap Bridge.

I'm not sure how far it was, but it was an interesting jog. On the outskirts of the 50's/60's parking area there is an underground parking facility for the staff. I had no idea this was here. And you can see some cool views of the unfinished Legendary Years.