PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Cape May Cafe'?

judoma
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I’m looking for some advise on ADRs. We currently have ressies for: Akershus, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Cape May Café, Whispering Canyons, Hollywood & Vine, and Trails End. :chef:

Now we are totally okay with Whispering Canyons as we are staying at WL and absolutely love this restaurant. We are doing Trails End on our last day before heading home and it’s close to the resort. Hollywood n Vine is good, but we could do with out it. It was easy to get a ressie, it’s a buffet, and we LOVE MGM so it seems fitting to have a meal here. We are really looking forward to eating at the Epcot restaurants: Akershus, Biergarten, and Garden Grill. I know we are going to do a lot of traveling back and forth to Epcot but I guess that’s the price to pay to eat where we want to and making our ADR’s way after the 180 day opening during free dining.

So that leaves Cape May Café. I chose this place because my family loves seafood and I was looking forward to checking out the Beach Club. There are a few problems with this though. First, it’s at another resort, and it’s a pain to go from resort to resort. Second, it’s in the Epcot area. So that would mean that we are once again heading back in the direction of Epcot.

So I guess my question is, would you cancel Cape May Café and reschedule one elsewhere? I would love to try Chef Mickey’s or O’Hana’s. They are both at resorts, but on the monorail line, so easier to get to I assume. They are both totally booked though. Should I keep trying these or does anyone have a better suggestion? :confused:

Sorry so long, but I have really thought this through, probably too much. DH says I’m making up things to worry about. I think I’m trying to find anything other than tropical storms to worry about!:blush:

16 days until we leave…can’t wait!:mickey:

Hull-onian
09-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Cape May Cafe is about a three minute walk from the World Showcase. You can take a bus to Hollywood Studios then take a boat over there. Very easy to do. Or just walk from the international gateway to Cape May. Cape May is sooo good. Sometimes when we want to resort to resort, we just take a taxi, even easier and not that expensive.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Actually I'd cancel Hollywood and Vine and go with Cape May. Yes, both are buffets but Cape May is far superior. And you can easily get over to the Beach Club by taking the Friendship boats from the DHS dock, or walk over there from EPCOT. Just a thought...

Donald A
09-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Actually I'd cancel Hollywood and Vine and go with Cape May. Yes, both are buffets but Cape May is far superior. And you can easily get over to the Beach Club by taking the Friendship boats from the DHS dock, or walk over there from EPCOT. Just a thought...

Many would agree with this. Last trip we ate at both the Hollywood and Vine and Cape May with our group of 8 people. The group agreed that Cape May was substantially better than H&W.

RockinRollerMom
09-03-2008, 08:25 PM

I couldn't agree more. Cape May is a must do for our family. I find it very easy to get to. We normally do Cape May on a DHS day and just take the boat ride over. It is much easier than most resorts to get to. (Of course you can always walk over from Epcot as well.)

judoma
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks so much for your input! I think I will go to CMC on an evening that we are visiting MGM. I never considered this senario. So the Friendship boat goes to MGM also?! I need to look into it more. I wonder how long of a boat ride it is from MGM to Beach Club and Epcot. Thanks again! :mickey:

Donald A
09-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks so much for your input! I think I will go to CMC on an evening that we are visiting MGM. I never considered this senario. So the Friendship boat goes to MGM also?! I need to look into it more. I wonder how long of a boat ride it is from MGM to Beach Club and Epcot. Thanks again! :mickey:

I would say it is a 15 minute max boat ride from MGM to the Beach Club. If you are going to the Beach Club from EPCOT you will likely just want to walk from the International Gateway (where you pick-up the boat anyway).

DisneyHoneymooners
09-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I would cancel Hollywood and Vine and add Ohana its is much better in my opinion. H&V is really nothing special. Cape May is a keeper we were very impressed and you can always check out the boardwalk while you are there.