PDA

View Full Version : CBR Gift Shop ?

DisneyBabies
09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know if CBR will begin carrying some pirates merchandise since they are adding the pirate rooms? We are putting together a pirate Mickey gift basket for our DS's trip next Feb. since we will be staying in a pirate room. I am trying to decide if I should get gifts from disney mail order in advance or slip into the gift shop before we go into our room and get what I need for the basket. But that plan depends on if they will be selling any pirate merch. Thanks for the help.

Clay Ransone
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
We stayed at CBR in 2005 and I remember being surprised at the large about of pirates stuff when were there then. I can only imagine that it has expanded since then. I remember they had Mickey and Goofy ear pirate bandannas, hooks for your hand, cutlasses, guns, treasure, and some other stuff that is slipping my mind right now. I also remember this stuff was outside the main gift shop in Old Port Royal right in front of the doors to go out to the pool. You may want to give the resort a call to see if they still have the stuff or not.

brewcrew26
09-06-2008, 11:02 AM
There was a large amount of pirate themed merchandise when we were there in April. Everything from a stuffed dog with the jail keys to a pirate hat with ears, swords, pins, etc -- all next in the section of the gift shop that spills out right next to the food court.

DisneyHoneymooners
09-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Last year while there in Sept. they had a lot of pirate stuff and even though that was close to halloween I think it would be a safe bet there is even more now :)

Disney Doll
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
We found lots of pirate merch when we were there in Feb '07. The pirate theme is such a big deal right now that I think you can find plenty of pirate stuff in almost any WDW shop.

gerald72
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I was there last month, and like everyone is saying, there is a bunch of pirates themed stuff there.

Ropachs
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Like Clay, we were there in 2005 and found pirate items. We purchased an extremely cute Mickey-pirate map for $3 I think - and actually framed it for our den.

ShinynewJB
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Like Clay, we were there in 2005 and found pirate items. We purchased an extremely cute Mickey-pirate map for $3 I think - and actually framed it for our den.

Snap! I have one of those I still haven't done anything with from 2005. Thanks for reminding me :D! They're very cool. All the islands are character heads :).

As for pirate merchandise in the CBR gift shop, there is LOTS! However, be warned, as you said Pirate MICKEY, I can't say for sure how much pirate Mickey stuff they have (mostly because I wasn't looking out for it I suppose). But they have an area just outside the gift shop (is it called the straw market or something?) that has loads of general pirates stuff such as the "fill a skull" thing, where you fill a pirate skull with little items, such as gross-out eyeballs, dice (I don't get that myself) and little rubber bugs. It even has a pirates theme, with some of those "ghost pirate" statues.

Hope this helps. If you want any more specific info, I'll try and help you out.