PDA

View Full Version : autograph ideas

homeschool mom
09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
We have had books and T-shirts signed multiple times in the past as well as 4x5 cards to put in the scrapbook. Any suggestions on something else we could get autographed for a change? My DDs are 14, 15 & 17 and DSs are 7 and 9. DDs are kind of "over" getting autographs, but I think they will be sorry if they don't get any at all.

Just an additional note, due to our large family, we get some nasty looks from other visitors when we get our turn for autographs so anything that doesn't take up a lot of time is beneficial for us.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

10 days and counting! WOOHOO!!!! :party:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
On our last trip, we took the "Disney's Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters" to get signed for DD (now 10), since we have had our fill of autograph books.

I'm thinking that you could bring DVD covers (and they could take turns getting them signed by the "starring" characters), or a 2009 Disney calendar (that way you'll remember the trip each month).

It does get tricky, they love getting the autographs, but we (parents) only need so many!

AnnetteFan
09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
The best way to make it go quickly is to give the character one pen, it's much better than each kid carrying a pen, instead of doing one pen per autograph book, do one pen per character. It's also easiest if you stack you books or items and hand them to the character. Also mention to the attendent and they can help you, some attendents and some characters have their own strategy for signing quickly so it's best if you just let them do their thing and just go with it.

mitchsfan
09-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Here's my two suggestions:

1. go to a arts and crafts store and get a picture mat frame. Have you chilren's favorite characters sign them than put a decent 8x10 in them. I have it done with an 8 x10 (about 15 good autographs) and also with a picture frame for a 16x20 with 53 crammed autographs.

2. Find something unique that can be used all year. I got signed by about 17 characters a Disney Monopoly board. i am hoping to frame that board after a little bit.

Enjoy your trip :mickey:

kelly.garrett
09-06-2008, 01:14 AM
My dad and I are big Mary Poppins fans. One day we unexpectedly caught her in the UK, and I went into the gift shop and bought the book. Just to clarify, I bought Mary Poppins, not an autograph book. She wrote a nice message and signed it for me. Now if I could just track down Bert...