PDA

View Full Version : Bounce Back, Buddies, & B-day Pre-Trip Report

tinkergal
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Cast of Characters: DH & me, 40s; buddies: hubby & wife, 50s
Where: POR - Magnolia Terrace, we hope.
When: Sept. 13-19, Bouncing back w/ free dining – hooray! (If Ike & Josephine stay away!)

9/13 – Driving in; first stop is the Character Premiere @ the Premium Outlets for gifts & souvenirs. Maybe lunch @ PH w/ our $15 vouchers. We hope to check into POR early & unwind. Later, we’ll boat to DtD, transfer to a resort bus, where we’ll begin our progressive dinner: cocktails @ CR, appetizer @ the Poly, finishing w/ dinner & dessert @ Narcoossee’s. We hope to score a window seat for Wishes! Maybe have a nightcap back @ POR & catch Yeeha Bob in the act.

9/14 – DH’s b-day!! Maybe catch the MK opening before monorailing to Epcot. I’m excited to take our buddies on their maiden glide of Soarin’! We’ll eat lunch @ Sunshine Seasons before spending most of our day in WS. I want to try one of Sam Brown’s faves, the Grand Marnier slush from France. DH & our buddies have never dined @ Le Cellier so I’m looking forward to a wonderful b-day dinner for him that we’ll all enjoy. To end the day, we’ll see if our wagons are draggin’ or if we’re up to braving EMH @ MK.

9/15 – EMH @ AK, beginning w/ KS. Around lunchtime, we’ll head over to the Mara @ AKL. Our buddies have never been here so we’ll enjoy visiting this amazing resort & taking a break. When rested, we’ll go to DHS & hope that TSM FPs aren’t gone for the day. For dinner, it’s 50’sPTC. Our buddies are extremely gregarious & I hope we’ll have a fun ‘cousin’ to play along! Later, we’ll stake our position for Fantasmic!

9/16 – Whew, time to slow down. The guys are off to the Magnolia golf course while the ladies go to the SSR spa for a massage (we’re getting the better deal!) & maybe a little DtD shopping. In the evening, we’ll make our way to the BW so our buddies can enjoy this for the first time. No dinner ADR but we’ll probably go to the Captain’s Grille which we found not crowded & delicious last year.

9/17 – Sadly, we’ll say good-bye to our buddies. But we’ll recover by park hopping. We’ll dine @ the Kona Café & welcome an early evening.

9/18 – EMH @ MK for some good castle shots & our final chance to park hop. We’re all out of TS so it’s a couple CS to finish up our dining plan credits.

9/19 – This will be our first time checking into our airline @ the resort w/ DME. Hopefully, all will go smoothly & we’ll return home to GA by early evening. And begin our Disney dreams all over again!

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Looks like you have a wonderful trip ahead of you. Hope your husband has a great WDW Birthday and you enjoy your time with your friends. :mickey:

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Looks like a great trip.

laward32
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Looks like a great plan. Hope you have a great trip. Hope to read your trip reports when you return.:mickey:

DizNee143
09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
sounds like a good plan..hope you guys have a great time!! :mickey:

Mousemates
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Sound like a great plan for a great trip. :thumbsup:

faline
09-15-2008, 07:40 PM
You should be there now! Hope you're having a fabulous time!