PDA

View Full Version : Universals - The Mummy question

imvicky1999
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering what the Mummy ride was like. From what I see, I believe it is a roller coaster. I do not do roller coasters, it looks like a fun ride, however are there any drops in it. I tried Jurassic Park ride because people said the drop wasn't that bad. Wrong, it was straight down. Not for me, so please be honest. I don't mind fast rides or small hills, but drops are out. thanks, vicky

chrisb26
09-03-2008, 12:42 PM
The Mummy is a roller coaster so there are drops none real big it is more of a drop where you go in a circle going down. It is alot of fun but if you can't do drops it might be good to avoid it.

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 12:45 PM
It has some drops nothing major. We went in 2006 and that was our favorite ride at Universal.

MidnTPK
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd call the drops similar to drops on BTMRR. Not big ones, but fast.

thrillme
09-03-2008, 12:55 PM
There are some drops but they're not as much as the drop on Jurrassic Park. They are medium'ish drops but they go quite fast. Even if you don't like drops The Mummy at Orlando is NOT to be missed.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
1) Definitely an E-Ticket-Ride.
2) Maybe E+.
3) As mentioned, the drops are not large.
4) But, there are surprises at various points.
5) A real do-not-miss ride.

. . . this ride is really jerky
. . . it has a lap bar
. . . make sure you draw it tight
. . . people with bad-backs should not even consider the ride
. . . due to the ride, you MUST store hats, glasses, etc in the free lockers

JasonH
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
And to add on to what Rusty said, if you're a big person like I am, check out the mock seat outside the ride first to see if you'll fit or not. I BARELY fit in the seat with help of them pushing down on the lap bar just to the right notch which they said the most room for the seat is the back row in the middle.

And like everyone else....IT'S ONE HECKUVA RIDE!!! :thumbsup:

sophie peach
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
im going to ride it for the first time!!!
thanks for the advice people!!

Jodi
09-03-2008, 08:38 PM
We were just at Universal, the Mummy is one of our favorite rides. It is fast, over before you know. There are a few drops, but nothing major. Worth trying.

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 01:05 PM
it can be intense, I would avoid it if at all possible.

mcjaco
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
It's also in the dark, if that makes a difference.

angelat
10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
MY DH and I LOVED the ride, but couldn't get our kids to go on it. (Chickens!) I'm not a fan of roller coasters either, but it was nothing for me.
What I did to prepare our kids for our next trip, was to go on youtube and search the site for the rides they aren't sure about. Disney and Universal. I know there were a couple of videos of the Mummy. Check that out and see if you can get an idea.
It wasn't bad at all IMHO.
HTH!

disneychick62
11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Its not really a coaster. Its very very fast and dark...small hills id call them, no big drops..

NJGIRL
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering what the Mummy ride was like. From what I see, I believe it is a roller coaster. I do not do roller coasters, it looks like a fun ride, however are there any drops in it. I tried Jurassic Park ride because people said the drop wasn't that bad. Wrong, it was straight down. Not for me, so please be honest. I don't mind fast rides or small hills, but drops are out. thanks, vicky

This ride is alot of fun but doesn't sound like it's for you. The drops are not as high as Jurassic Park but IMO the ride is not as mellow as Big Thunder Railroad. It is definately a thrill ride.

vorpalswrd
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Last time I was in Universal my mom said the jurassic ride was just a boat :cry: Oh how I hated that hill, that drop, ugh! I had no idea that Mummy was...I don't know what I thought it was. This thrill loving family still hasn't got me on Splash Mountain. I'm such a wimp. We shall see about this mummy ride on youtube and if it looks scary then I'm riding the magical bench outside!

joonyer
01-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Mummy = very cool ride. My whole family loved it. Our #1 favorite at Universal. One of the few attractions that measures up to Disney quality.