PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Apples first trip @ 96 pre-trip report

cal5755
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Well we only have 8 days and 20 hrs. before our plane takes off!!! The excitement is in the air and the kids get all giddy (me too) every night as we mark another day off the calander!!

Ok so here is my pre-trip report.

FEATURING -- DA - Apple - 96 *

STARS : (Sept 12-22)
Me -Cheryl - 32
DH - Alex -35
DS - Chris - 13
DD - Michelle - 9
DD - Jackie - 5
DM - Bev - 50ish
DA - Cheryl - 40 ish
DA- Doris - 50 ish
DU -Kevin - 40 ish
DU - Bobby - 40 ish
Uncle's Friend - James - 40ish *
(* first timers)

Co-Stars : (Sept 13 - 20)
Our Friends the Robertsons - Gina, Jerry, Camron (my DS friend and DD9 crush), Alyssa*, Aaron*, Lucas*, Logan* (DD5 crush). Also Gina's sister and her daughter.

We are staying at All Star Movies (co-stars are at music). We already have Aunt Apples first visit button. Our flight arrives in Orlando at 9:10 am and our first day is planned for Epcot. We have a scrumptious list of ADR's and are doing deluxe dining. We have a few play it by ear days and a few planned days. The girls have BBB appointments... we have tix for MNSHHP on the 16th. where we will dress up. Girls and Uncle Bobby are all Dorothy from age 5-96, the guys will be Mickey Chefs. We will be trying lots of new things like CRT and HDDR. I can not wait to get all the character pictures with Aunt Apple. Even at 96 she loves carnivals and twice this summer has been on the ferris weel at the fair!! She is going to have so much fun!!

I am almost completely packed...only have 2 suitcases left to put in the van. Now we just have to wait for this week to pass!! WWOOOHHHOOOO!!

tinkerbell04
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Wow! It sounds like it is going to be a great trip. I can't wait to hear more about it when you get back! Have a fantastic time!

wilshade
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of planning that went into this trip! Good luck and have fun!

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2008, 12:28 PM
How cool is that about your Aunt Apple?? I hope she has a great time.

What a wonderful big group you are vacationing with. One year when I went to MNSSHP there was a huge family group that came dressed as all Cruellas and dalmation puppies. That was really fun to see all the different heights to the same basic costume. Your group should be a lot of fun to see as well. :thumbsup:

Good luck getting through this last torturous week, safe travels, and have fun!! :mickey:

tinkergal
09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
That sounds just terrific! We'll be there @ the same time so I'll be on the lookout for Aunt Apple. Y'all are going to make some wonderful memories!! I look forward to your trip report upon your retun!

:tink:

Lizzie
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow! What a huge group have a great time.

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
WOW!!! Now that's a GRAND Gathering! LOL!

Sounds like a ton of fun ... and can't wait to read how all the first timers enjoy their trips! :mickey:

cal5755
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys!! You have no idea how excited I am lol. We were getting ready to leave the house today to go to Karaoke with the kids and the phone rang. DH says what are you doing and I said "getting ready to take the kids to Disney" lol...... the kids were hysterical!!

Mousemates
09-04-2008, 12:33 AM
sounds like a great trip. :thumbsup:

DisneyWhirled
09-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Sounds like a fantastic trip!

How cool that Aunt Apple is up to going to WDW at 96. I sure hope that I am at that age!!

HDDR will be a blast with a large group. We went just the four of us and commented on how much fun it would be going with a group of friends/family.

Enjoy your trip!! We will look forward to a report when you return!

cer
09-04-2008, 05:40 PM
We're counting the days off the calendar for our trip, too! Only 149 more days.....:thumbsup:

Thanks for the report!

faline
09-15-2008, 07:45 PM
You should be there right now! Hope Aunt Apple has fallen in love with Disney World!